• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kawanishi E7K1 Alf (Hasegawa 1/72)

sharkman

Master at Arms
Out of the frying pan, into the fire!

I was tempted to drop out of this because I still have a few in the queue to finish and a busy month but what the hey!

Got this for $7 at the LHS.

I was originally thinking of a more colourful scheme for this one, but given the short time I might stick with an overall silver version or one with a red tail like the box art.

The obligatory shot!

Picked up a Maru Mechanic book for a reference

The only issue with the kit is there was a piece missing (prop shaft) and the prop was broke. Should be able to fix that!

Kawanishi E7K1 Alf (Hasegawa)

Bummer about the prop. Will watch with interest.
James

Kawanishi E7K1 Alf (Hasegawa)

Got a little start while the baby napped,

This is all that is provided for the pit. Will probably add a few extra details in there.

added some lead to the floats!

and added some railroad bolts for access caps to the floats. Should have these done soon!

Am wondering why the weights in the floats. While it would tend to set on the back parts of the floats anyway, Has me wondering what you are up to. :hmmm

Am wondering why the weights in the floats. While it would tend to set on the back parts of the floats anyway, Has me wondering what you are up to. :hmmm

Nothing special here Paul, I do that to all the float planes I build. They do tend to be tail sitters so I always add a bit of lead to keep the nose down and give them a more natural set.

I probably could have got away without adding any weight to this one but it never hurts to add some just in case! I'll try and scratch a trolley for this one later.

Thanks for looking in though, hope that helps!

Floats are done for the moment... there are a lot of mold seams to remove!

I started on sprucing up the interior a bit. Added some frame work, new seat, etc... I remember why I don't like 1/72 scale! Just have the front position almost done for now.

I'll try and work some more on it this weekend.

Interior updates are pretty much done. Just need to add the observer windows and some lap belts. I'm not trying to be 100% accurate here, just adding some detail from the Maru Mech reference to liven things up!

Port side

Starboard

new wheel

decided to add a couple more details to the floats

cut up the tail

and I solved the problem of the broken prop. The one I am doing, Yo 121, has a two bladed prop.

Next, some paint!!

:D

Bought a flexible curve for scribing some of the panel lines on the wing tips. Worked out pretty well! Also started to see what she'll look like mocked up (on the left!)

I re-scribed all the panel lines in the wings and the body!

And painted the pit.

I was going to add some belts but at this pint I might leave them off. Just have to put in the observers windows and then I can button up the fuse tomorrow!

17 days and counting!!!

:frantic

Back