• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju87D "Stuka" 1/32

Painted the cockpit with tamiya rattlecan, german grey over a gloss black base, and then a drybrush with humbrol steelgrey (and some small details in red and yellow) must paint the gauges to i forgot to sand them off so i could use the decals :facepalm

P1140839.JPG

P1140840.JPG

So tomorrow it´s clubevening so i will hopefully get some more done :)

//Mats

Matts, have a look at this...

http://fillnsand.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/prop-blur-discs.html

Painted the cockpit with tamiya rattlecan, german grey over a gloss black base, and then a drybrush with humbrol steelgrey (and some small details in red and yellow

great start, now use some humbrol 56 dry brushed on the edges of the pit and side panels to bring the detail out a bit more, that's what I do with my builds.

just a little!

cheers!!!

Painted the cockpit with tamiya rattlecan, german grey over a gloss black base, and then a drybrush with humbrol steelgrey (and some small details in red and yellow) must paint the gauges to i forgot to sand them off so i could use the decals :facepalm

P1140839.JPG

P1140840.JPG

So tomorrow it´s clubevening so i will hopefully get some more done :)

//Mats

(y)

Why sand off the details. put the decals over the details and let the setting solution do it's job.

Thanks for the encouragement :unsure: i´m out of my comfortzone here so i don´t really know what i´m supposed to do :idonno
Well here is some progress, busy fitting the wings and it´s going pretty good, not so much gaps to deal with just some dryfitting and sanding to make a nice and tight fit.

P1140843.JPG

Any tips on what i must look out for is most welcome :drinks

//Mats

Way to to Mats, blowing the limits of that comfort zone. You'll be amazed at how much you learn from other genre. Like i'm looking to use what I've learned about pigments into aircraft weathering.

It's all modeling! :popcorn

Thanks Bob Ian and Thomas :) working on the instrument-panel today, sanded down the details a little bit so the decals can set properly ( the other details in the cockpit i need to paint)
//Mats

So here is the results! :hmmm
the panel is ok but (i think it´s the radio) the decals in the back seat area was a pita, the arrow molded in the plastic doesn´t correspond to the one on the decal so it looks strange, wish i had sanded it down before i installed it :facepalm

P1140845.JPG

P1140846.JPG

Hopefully not so much will be seen after closing it up :coolio
//Mats

So here is the results! :hmmm Hopefully not so much will be seen after closing it up :coolio

//Mats

Hi Mats
Being a veteran of four 1:48 Hasegawa Ju87 builds, I can tell you that the pilots IP will be no more visible than (say) a Bf109's, but you will be able to see virtually everything from the pilots seat all the way back to the rear guns.

May not be what you want to read... :idonno , but it's best you know 'up front'.

Ian

Thanks Ian! now i wont be able to sleep!

hahaha just kidding :D

i do what i can to make a decent looking cockpit.
//Mats

Back