• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju87D "Stuka" 1/32

Thanks Dave :drinks

Most of the bluetac is away but some small layer stays on, not sure how i will get it off :idonno
Maybe carefully rubbing with a earstock with alcohol or whitespirit...
Is whitespirit better on tamiya acrylics? alcohol maybe takes off the paint to... :frantic

//Mats

Thanks Dave :drinks

Most of the bluetac is away but some small layer stays on, not sure how i will get it off :idonno
Maybe carefully rubbing with a earstock with alcohol or whitespirit...
Is whitespirit better on tamiya acrylics? alcohol maybe takes off the paint to... :frantic

//Mats

Hold off till you get an answer, I think the white spirits is ok, that's for enamel thinner right? I can't remember if alcohol attacks Tamiya. :idonno

This is what I get for not getting bench time. :bang head

I went with the white spirit... it went fine so now i have a clear coat on and i've just started with the decals :)

Looking good Matts. As Dave said you should be able to lift blue tac with fresh blue tac. Glad the white spirits worked for you.
Looking forward to decals :D
James

Thanks James :) one thing i don't like about this build is the instructions on painting and where to put the decals :bang head
The panel lines are not to scale so you can't use them as reference when placing decals :vmad
The crosses on the upper side probably in the wrong place because of that, but hey do i cry for that! NO! :gogo

//Mats

Thanks Chuck :drinks

just the decals that drives me :bang head :facepalm :smack :tomato :frantic :vmad

//Mats

Yep, as above, going great! and blu tac will remove bul tac just as the others have said, great on a toothpick for those hard to get at places :good:

Decals are done and a coat of flat clear is applied!
Tomorrow remowing the masking on the canopy :tomato

P1070974~0.JPG

P1070975~0.JPG

Not sure yet how to weather it, thought to do some shipping on the front of the wings and fade the dark areas a little maybe... :frantic

P1070974~0.JPG

P1070975~0.JPG

Not sure yet how to weather it, thought to do some shipping on the front of the wings and fade the dark areas a little maybe... :frantic

That's a good place to start as any Mats, weathering this would be no more different than weathering armor, just streak in the direction of air flow. :pilot

Ok i call this one done, could continue forever with small details but i have other things i must do to :)

The pilot see's the light of day again!

P1070978~0.JPG

P1070980~0.JPG

SC50 bombs, revell don't mention anything about the decals on these so i hope i got it right...

P1070984~0.JPG

Finished model! :pilot

P1080102~0.JPG

P1080103~0.JPG

It was nice to build something different again, now some armour and then maybe give the Ju88 a shot :hmmm

//Mats

P1070974~0.JPG

P1070975~0.JPG

Weather it slowly and in layers. Remember what Chris was talking about, put a seal coat layer on after you get one effect nailed. That way you don't screw up the goods stuff trying to do something else.

:zen :popcorn

Back