• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Re: UPDATE 12/31/2012 Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Sometimes a little can go a long way Joe :popcorn

Very true Bob. SO today I have been a busy little squirrel. I got the cockpit and cabin interior done. The inside of the fuselage is painted and is waiting to dry.Next will be filling and sanding the wing leading edges and the engine assembly. So far this kit goes pretty smooth. Just waiting for the shoe to drop.

Joe

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

I never could understand why Revell split the pilot's seats right down the middle. Nice progress so far, pit looks real nice ! (y)

What time does the movie start?

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo226/german1963/WIP/IMG_1306.jpg

:laugh: :drinks

UPDATE 1/3/13 Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Movie? We got no movie...we do live shows....you might even get to shoot down an airplane...if it doesn't get you first that is :D .

I started closing up the fuselage. So far the fit has been surprisingly good for a Revel Kit. But it wouldn't be a Revell kit without it flaws. When I dry-fitted the the ceiling part it came to daylight that the second bulkhead is to high, so I have to sand that baby down. Other than that the kit is going together pretty good so far.

Joe

Ju290-3.jpg

Ju290-4.jpg

Ju290-1.jpg

Ju290-2.jpg

Re: UPDATE 1/3/13 Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Good information, I have one of these to build someday ! Nice progress so far, keep it coming !

Thanks Dragunov.

I got the bulkheads sanded down yesterday and started work on the engines and the upper gun turrets. Had to run to the LHS today when I realized that didn't have the RLM paints for the camo. :bang head
So much for being prepared. Plan for this week is to close up the fuselage, start on the landing gear, finish up the engines and attach the wings. I have a cpl small spots on the leading edges of the wings that need filling..or I just leave them and call them bird strikes :D .

Joe

UPDATE 1/21/13: Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

I finally got the fuselage closed up for the most part. Just need to add the canopy, nose cone and rear gunners station. I also got the wings put together. The wings barely fit into my spray booth. Unfortunately I broke both turret machine guns off while handling the fuselage which irks me, but there was no way to leave the turrets off since there are parts for the turrets on the inside. Some of the assemblies, like the gun gondola underneath the fuselage are a little tricky to assemble and it took me a while to get it together. Next step will be attaching the wing to the fuselage. I am sure it will be interesting.

Joe

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

Re: UPDATE 1/21/13: Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

that thing is big. I seem to remember someone having a trick to protect the barrels during assembly but dang if I can remember right now. Maybe someone else remembers.

:popcorn

Re: UPDATE 1/21/13: Junkers Ju290 A-5 "Seeadler"

Holy cow Joe, that thing is a monster ! :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

Back