• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

June Nite

I've wondered why kit manufactures haven't offered sealed wings, or even an aftermarket set. I guess it's easy enough to seal them ourselves but still.

Thanks Big 10! I've never heard of that method. Truly interesting application.
:victory:

Working on a little base for the model.
IMG_20200607_101049404_HDR~2.jpg

Thanks Duke!!

Toned down the rust, more dirt and oil spots. Looks better I think.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I'm taking notes for my 1/72 scale PSP mat I got from the Chattanooga Nationals.

This is the PSP board that comes with the P-51 Royal Class kit. Primed black and sprayed base color of Model Master Magnesium. Buffed several places and then went to town with some old Mig Pigments I had, European Dust I believe was the name. Then took a q tip and rub like crazy to remove the top most dirt and really buff some areas to bring back some luster. I dry brushed some areas with Mr. metal Iron and Dark iron. Then used some black oils for the stains.

I think it's okay but could be better. People that do armor, this would be right up there alley.

Back