• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joe's PzH 2000

Joe, you amaze me! You hate working with PE, but have the patience to do these tracks! :hmmm :notworthy

These tracks are very nicely molded and require hardly any cleanup. If I stay on it I think I should get them done in maybe 6 hrs without painting. I would do these tracks over PE any day.

Joe

UPDATE 4/19/11: Joe's PzH 2000 Tracks

Got almost 1 run done. I was working on the tracks over the weekend and yesterday on and off. It takes me a little longer than anticipated but what the heck...I don't have anything else to do anyway. NOT. I have only 5 links left on the first run. So far everything went fairly smooth. Unfortunately there are only 2 spare links left after I am done so not much room for screw-ups. The first 2 pix show the difference between the kit tracks and the Bronco ones.

Joe

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Re: UPDATE 4/19/11: Joe's PzH 2000 Tracks

Much better than the kit tracks. (y)

B)

Re: UPDATE 4/19/11: Joe's PzH 2000 Tracks

Nice, and just in time. Can you do a SBS on track painting? I'm about to start mine for the SK7.

UPDATE 4/23/11 Joe's PzH 2000 More tracks

Tracks are done. At least the build. With interruptions it took me about 10 hrs. So next step will be painting (Yes Bob, I know). The picture shows the fit of the tracks around the sprocket. They sit snug and tight, just like the real thing.

Joe

IMG_0243.jpg

Ok, I guess I forgot something in the last post. Anyway, today I did a dry fit of the tracks on the road wheels and what a surprise. Another example of why one shouldn't follow instructions. The instructions for the tracks called out 95 links per side and low and behold....thats 5 to many. I guess its just my luck.

Joe

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

Looking good, Joe! Those ten extra links cost you at least 1/2 an hour of modeling time!

Slowly moving along. I added a few more parts including some PE ( Yuck). Painted the lower hull and started painting the wheels.

Joe

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

I started painting the tracks. After a base coat of Tamiya Earth, I brushed some Bragdon Rust followed by Bradgon Dust powders on. I then started painting the rubber pads with Tamiya Nato Black.I am still not sure what color to use for the inside of the tracks. I tried Tamiya Metal Grey, Tamiya Chrome Silver Paint Pen, Testors Steel and a silver Artist pencil. SO far it seem sthe artist pencil looks the closest to the real thing.

Joe

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

Back