• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joe's PzH 2000

Leopard2

ok, I finally had a chance to take my entry picture. I am quite busy lately and in the process of switching shifts so trying to get adjusted to the new schedule. So, here she is...RoG's Pzh 2000 with Eduard PE-Set and Bronco single link workable tracks.

Joe

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Glad your in!! Looks like a great build coming up.

Terry B)

Thanks for the welcome. Here is a picture of the Bronco single link tracks. There are 8 Sprues with a 72 parts just for the tracks. You do the math.I build those Bronco tracks before for a Chinese ZTZ-99.I had to make myself a little jig to get them assembled. With a little care they go together just fine and are actually movable. The cleanup of the parts ( sprue attachment) is the most tedious part.

Joe

IMG_0201.jpg

UPDATE 4/12/11 Re: Joe's PzH 2000

Thanks Bob, but I am not worried. I just need to be careful since there are only like 2 spare links left. SO I started working on the Beast. I attached the swing arms to the lower hull as well as started putting the turret together. No bad surprises yet so far. Fit is very good and parts are fairly clean.

Joe

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Thanks guys and gal. The ultimate goal is to put her on my SLT-56. But to do that I need to do some modifications and scratch build the tie-downs. The version that Voyager offers in there PE set isnt even close to the real thing.

Joe

UPDATE 4/14/11 Re: Joe's PzH 2000

Yesterday I started to mess with the PE. I attached the mesh for the engine deck as well as started to glue on the chains for the smoke discharger caps. When I took a look at my references I found out that almost all PE replacement hatches and doors are wrong. I also discovered that the PE set includes parts that are non existent on the real 2000. So here are a few more progress pics. The last picture shows the Alu Barrel that came with the kit. To give you an idea how big it isI put a jar of Tamiya paint next to it.

Joe

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

Re: UPDATE 4/14/11 Re: Joe's PzH 2000

Why didn't you get the BIG gun??? :laugh:

Re: UPDATE 4/14/11 Re: Joe's PzH 2000

Yesterday I started to mess with the PE. I attached the mesh for the engine deck as well as started to glue on the chains for the smoke discharger caps. When I took a look at my references I found out that almost all PE replacement hatches and doors are wrong. I also discovered that the PE set includes parts that are non existent on the real 2000.

If Eduards keeps this up... :unsure: I tell ya, I'll be hard pressed to buy anything from them in the future.

UPDATE 4/15/11 Joe's PzH 2000

Today I started on the tracks. I must say that I love those Bronco individual link working tracks. Yes they are tedious, but they actually work if you are careful enough with your glue. I use Testors Black glue in a bottle with the little needle. Liquid glue won't work. The pieces are very fragile so you need to be very careful when cutting them of the sprue. As you can see the guide horns are actually hollow and very thin. I ha to make me a jig when I built the Bronce ZTZ-99 last year. It came with individual tracks as well. That jig helps tremendously and I can only recommend it. And for about $12 those tracks are a steal compared to up to $60 for other Am tracks. The 2 small tabs you can see in the fourth picture are the glue points.

Joe

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

Back