• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joe's Flak 36

sweet build! :mpup

what about the cable reels?

one short note about the auto loader tray - this item was very often removed by the crews as it slowed down the loading progress (the cable reels were often removed too when the gun wasn't used in it's original role as aa gun and no fire control was attached to the battery)

What did that fire control unit look like? Was it a box that could be setup anywhere and the cables attached or was it mounted on some sort of vehicle?

swhat about the cable reels?

one short note about the auto loader tray - this item was very often removed by the crews as it slowed down the loading progress (the cable reels were often removed too when the gun wasn't used in it's original role as aa gun and no fire control was attached to the battery)

Joe,

I agree with Laura. As a Plane Busting Campaign, the AA role is important so the reels and fire control box should be present.

Regards,

What did that fire control unit look like?

it was the Kommandogerät 40

http://www.lonesentry.com/ordnance/tag/kommando-gerat

the kommandogerät doesn't really need to be built and shown since it was always deployed at some distance to the battery ... and all i did was innocently asking about the cable reels ... :unsure:

Laura does anyone have that Kommandogerät 40 in a kit? Think that would be an interesting dio, a full battery of 88s.

My cousin Sam got me into building, he was a few years older and built infantry, tanks and artillery-

I have never done a big gun, looks like I'm missing out as this is great. Does it fire? lol

Those guns are fun to build. And its something different for a change from Tanks, planes etc.

Here are pics with some paint on it. I am still debating if I should give it a little more color with green and brown. What you guys think?

Joe

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

Once your all done and its weathered it will look spectacular as is. But I have a soft spot for the green or red and green cam on everything. If it was mine I'd do squiggles. But as I said it looks awesome now (y) (y) (y)

James

O yeah...the 88 is getting popular on this site!

I am with James about the 'Tarnung'!

Great work so far,Joe!!! (y) (y) (y)

Grüßen,Der Ronald. :D

Thanks guys. I think I just leave her the way it is and play with some shading, washes and pigments.

Bob, with all the popcorn you eating its no wonder the price of corn in Iowa goes up. :D

Joe

Slowly nearing completion. Need to do a few more touch ups and paint a cpl more things and then I call her done.

Joe

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

I like it,Joe! (y)
Especially the yellow killmarkings,they give a touch of color to the piece!

Greetings,Ron.

Back