• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Joe's Flak 36

Leopard2

I thought while I am at it I might as well sign up for this campaign as well. Here is Dragon's 88mm Flak 36.

Joe

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Well, nothing replaces an 88, except another 88. Anyway, I got started and this is how far I got. I am not for sure yet if I go with german grey or dark yellow though. I still have time to decide.

Joe

IMG_0648.jpg

I'm sort of digging the box art paint scheme, especially all those kill rings! (y)

Thanks Gibbs.

Mike, don't you give me any weird ideas....lol.

Here are some more progress pictures. I got the cruciform about done. I got the wheels ready or paint and started on the limbers. So far no hick-ups at all. The kit is well engineered and almost foolproof as ar as the assembly is concerned. The detail on this kit is simply amazing.

Joe

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

UPDATE: Joe's Flak 36

I have been a busy little squirrel the last few days and worked hard on the 88. The build is about 80% done. Need to finish the second limber and add the gun shield. This kit just falls together. Most parts are engineered that they only fit one way. The little chains are a little cumbersome but other than that it going together quite well. The model even has a play effect being able to elevate, rotate and I managed to get the elevation angle indicator to work.

Joe

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

Thanks Lady and Gentlemen. I am ready for paint now. The building part is done. The only parts left to add are the cable drums, which I will add after the painting. I must say this kit went together like a peach. No real problems encountered, except the standard Dragon instruction screw-up....lol. I think I paint her in Dunkelgelb. I was lucky to find what is probably the last commercially available bottle of Tamiya Dunkelgelb in Iowa :D

Here are the last pics before painting.

Joe

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Back