• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JGSDF M4A3E8 weathering.

JGSDF M4A3E8

I am not sure if I am wild about the Wilder washes.I am not even sure if I am Wild about the Vallejo matte coat anymore. Maybe the moon wasn't in the seventh house. Or Jupiter didn't align with Mars. :bang head I also usually have better luck with getting the decal film to blend in. Maybe the OD filter set with MIG will work out.

je24_zpsvuvklahh.jpg

je23_zpsgz8crb2x.jpg

je21_zpsuw0yl6lt.jpg

JGSDF M4A3E8

Might try a mist of gloss to bring it back some. The decal on the turret blended great. :soldier

JGSDF M4A3E8

Thanks Bob and Ed. :) I am my own worst critic. I guess I expect more of something. :idonno

JGSDF M4A3E8

Might try a mist of gloss to bring it back some. The decal on the turret blended great. :soldier

Ok, What am I missing? I've been looking over the pics & I don't see what the problem is :unsure: :idonno Looks damn good ta me!! (y)

It has a bit of frosting from the flat, nothing I would lose sleep over but a light gloss or stain could make it more neutral.

And you're right, it is damn good. It's a point where it would take a filter really well.

JGSDF M4A3E8

Ok, What am I missing? I've been looking over the pics & I don't see what the problem is :unsure: :idonno Looks damn good ta me!! (y)

It has a bit of frosting from the flat, nothing I would lose sleep over but a light gloss or stain could make it more neutral.

And you're right, it is damn good. It's a point where it would take a filter really well.

Aight. (y)

JGSDF M4A3E8

I sprayed another matte clear coat on earlier today. Looks better now. Less hot and humid today. I think that makes a difference. I really wish I would not have left my MIG pigment Russian Earth at home. :bang head I am not sure what I will use for dirt now,

je25_zpsglfirvjn.jpg

je26_zpsg9nigkgw.jpg

je28_zpsr3wrbcoe.jpg

je27_zpswrx5lzmx.jpg

JGSDF M4A3E8

Very nice Chad ... Decals are great ... I need work in this area ... excellent Target ... excellent Paint Job ... :popcorn

JGSDF M4A3E8

So close to finishing this one, Chad. You going to get this done ??

Ian.

Back