• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JGSDF M4A3E8 weathering.

The Zod

I really enjoy the Sherman tank series. I figure just US Army and USMC W.W.2 variants,you can build at least two dozen variants,and no two will be the same. Then you add the Commonwealth variants. Then there is the post war use.

This is the Tasca version I bought about three years ago. My goal is to get this built and finished in five weeks.

Je1_zpsn4pdkmzb.jpg

Je2_zps0deteqjq.jpg

Je3_zpsdgmwdjar.jpg

JGSDF M4A3E8

I like it very Much ..... I will be rooting you on to get Her done .... on your schedule .... :popcorn

JGSDF M4A3E8

Right then.................. I need to find out how accurate the casting symbols are. Per the Son of Sherman book,this type of turret was built at the PSC,FTA,and CDA factories. Possibly the GSC factory as well, The book only has the drawing of the GSC turret,with the G in a shield at the back of the turret.

Hopefully,I can make sense of the photos for the cast markings. :bang head I am so anal at times.

Je4_zpsjz3aebse.jpg

Je5_zpsj076njpj.jpg

JGSDF M4A3E8

I have built two Tasca Shermans. Both were the Sherman II DV. No fit problems. This one............... :bang head

je8_zpsqiddjg3e.jpg

I have taken off parts J14-left,and J13-right for the time being.
je9_zpsl8ymde2i.jpg

JGSDF M4A3E8

I seem to remember that area being a bit fiddity. :zen

I wonder if it because it is the late FDA cover. With the early three piece FDA cover,no fit problems. :idonno Gonna do some looking around the net for answers. :pilot

JGSDF M4A3E8

I really wish they would add in parts for a non working bogie on Sherman kits. The only thing I want working on a bogoe is the road wheels. Easier to paint the rubber parts.
Just the one side done for today.
bogie1_zpsnsgzwd61.jpg

This is how I did them.I glued the parts together. The part in the lower right that is circled is for the axles. I'd shave off the nub that fits into the road wheel a bit before sticking it through the bogie. It is a tight fit. I numbered them in the order I built the bogies in.
bogie2_zpskq3nd8h9.jpg

JGSDF M4A3E8

I found that if you do try to make these boggies workable they don't really work the way they are suppose to. They just rock back and forth. Guess that's cool to see positioned on a base. Looks good Chad. :soldier

JGSDF M4A3E8

I found that if you do try to make these boggies workable they don't really work the way they are suppose to. They just rock back and forth. Guess that's cool to see positioned on a base. Looks good Chad. :soldier

Thanks Bob. :) I will do the other three tomorrow. :pilot

Back