• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It's a duck !

Paul, that's the first place I saw for the tape. Jamesk and Saul always seem to have more answers though.

Yes, there is plenty of rigging to do but I'm waiting for a good coat of Future before drilling the holes.
It certainly won't be as fancy as what you guys do with the larger scales.

James, don't let my craziness fool you . I enjoy a good challenge and I did after want a Duck
As long as I win in the end I'm happy . I just don't think that I would want all my build to be this challenging. I'm also relieved I did not have to build the Airfix one .HOHOHOHO !

Well, need some rest. The fund raiser tomorrow will be a marathon ( we hope )

Thanks for the comments and for looking

Cheers, Christian B)

My biggest fear is that Sword will release one as soon as I am done .

Late night edition . . . After the first primer coat, I had to fix a few small flaws but none the less, a second coat of primer was required.

A coat of Future followed this AM. Really does not look too bad considering the amount of work done on it . :)

stripes_004a.jpg

While watching the Future dry, I primed the rudder with white Vallejo .

Looking at it against the decals revealed that the decals were too tall for the rudder, so out came the tape and the steel ruler.

stripes_001a.jpg

Shortly there after it was ready to install .

Close your eye MP . I know you don't like this stuff !

stripes_002a.jpg

and voila, the Duck has tail feathers .

Since the paints did not arrive today I decided to remove the cardboard cover and make a plastic plug s to mount the engine .

stripes_003a.jpg

Off to work on the engine now :pilot

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Late night edition . . . After the first primer coat, I had to fix a few small flaws but none the less, a second coat of primer was required.

A coat of Future followed this AM. Really does not look too bad considering the amount of work done on it . :)

stripes_004a.jpg

While watching the Future dry, I primed the rudder with white Vallejo .

Looking at it against the decals revealed that the decals were too tall for the rudder, so out came the tape and the steel ruler.

stripes_001a.jpg

Shortly there after it was ready to install .

Close your eye MP . I know you don't like this stuff !

stripes_002a.jpg

and voila, the Duck has tail feathers .

Since the paints did not arrive today I decided to remove the cardboard cover and make a plastic plug s to mount the engine .

stripes_003a.jpg

Off to work on the engine now :pilot

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

No problem with the red, it's the clean up that bugs me!

Looking good Chris :coolio

Bob, the red seemed interminable when I used Humbrol and the siphon style Badger . :(

Now. with the Iwata and the the Tamiya paint it's clean in around thirty seconds. Same with the Vallejo's

Silver use to be my other paint nightmare . No more, just a little Windex and an old paint brush. :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, definitely nothing earth shaking tonight . Got both the gray and the blue on the airframe.

Really does not look much different yet. The two colors can barely be perceived on the cowl.

feathers_001a.jpg

A you can see, the float braces did not survive. I need to come up with a better plan. :hmmm

The paint went on very thin and requiring many coats but the finish is quite nice . I'll abuse it latter !

Cheers, Christian B)

Tamiya xf-7 + 91 % alcohol :)

I dont know what has happened to Tamiya paints ? I cant brush them at all now, they drag by the second stroke but as you say with a load of thinners they spray really well. The Ducks coming on a treat :)

Back