• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It's a duck !

Thanks James . I appreciate your confidence in me.
Of course you know I don't sugar cote anything. I just don't want anyone to be deceived by this kit and set out to get one, thinking it's gonna be mildly annoying. It's a real bear. Not even an inexpensive one.

None the less, I like the way it's starting to look . I would like to do another paint treatment on it, but having never done it before I hesitate to experiment any further on this plane.

As it is I still have three difficult things to do. One is the landing gear bits ( six of them ) that have absolutely no reference points. :angry:

I think the propeller jig is a great idea . Trying to assemble four or more pieces of resin with super glue is no small feat.
It provides the incidence angles for the blades as well as the correct angle on the hub.
It also give you CC. as well as CW prop set up
I find that just coming up with a glue joint you can live with to be tricky.

It still leave guess work to the operator, like weather you drill the hub on center or even at an angle which makes it look like the fixture is askew I believe that's what happened to me. Still looks reasonable though.

Personally I would like an airframe jig and a rolling set . Not something I use everyday but it would make life easier when that need comes around.

Hope that helps you James . Cheers, Christian B)

So Chris
Hows it going? The weather OK for you? :idonno
There see? you have a message without the burden, of accolades on the duck :dance

p.s. I am impressed by the amount of work and perseverance you have been able to muster on this
project- the results bear testament to your skill :notworthy (y)

and it looks good too :coolio
:laugh:

this is for you Chris, just to keep you interested
2-INCEDENT-OFF-NIIHAU_550.jpg

I know they are not Ducks but hey they're close.... They have floats and wear blue.....

HAHAHAHA ! and I'm sure they chased down the Zero too. I like that picture . I thought about doing one six months ago but with the African theater yellow markings.

Thanks, good art work. Maybe I'll build that as soon as my nerves calm down some !

Cheers, Christian B)

I must say, as cute as the mountain girl was , this is way more refined . :drinks Cheers, I needed that.

Christian B)

Thanks you all for the kind words . The Duck just suffered an industrial accident . :(

It was not fatal but I he's gonna need some intensive therapy . :sick:

Just when I though he would get out of the ICU :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

No, but sometimes we have to re visit mistakes we have made at earlier times.

Entirely my fault :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Ohhh gorgeous Rita, one of the few women in Holly Weird that had class. Lauren Bacall, Myrna Loy.....
Keep em coming....

Not sure if she really had class but she certainly looked the part.

As a matter of fact it does appear that the Hollywood bunch were a classier bunch in those days than they are now .

Thanks MLP and Joe . Hopefully repairs can be made soon and finish it .

Mike, thanks for the Rita . Apparently a few of a different kind would have been a good idea .

Cheers, Christian B)

"One shot ain't enough, Jack,ya better bring three."

Dangerous_Curves.jpg

Rita_Hayworth.jpg

Rita_2.jpg

Hope this brief interlude has helped the situation.

:coolio

:drinks

Well as a matter of fact it has. Even Daffy seems to be recovering nicely :fencing .

I wish the camera would heal itself to. Duck tape might be required soon. Wonder if any came with the airplane kit :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Joey , Are you offering me Duck tape ?

This camera is beginning to be embarrassing . :blush: All the compartment doors are giving up one at a time.

Although it still works good it will not work unless all the doors are closed . :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Back