• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It's a duck !

Going towards the weekend I worked on making new strut for the floats but it was making me a bit daffy so I decided on turning my attention to something less demanding.

Painted the engine ,then cut a zillion pieces of silvery stuff and glue it all together.

engine_005a.jpg

When you get to that point, it's just a matter of cutting and bending .

oil_001b.jpg

Now, I need to wipe up a bit of the oil leak.

The ignition harness would be more round but it had to follow the shape of the casting . :fencing

Not entirely my fault :blush:

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

Here is another small piece of trivial pursuit . The first float with all the made up brass braces.

I bet this one will not fall with a wisp of wind. :D

duck_foot_001a.jpg

I also decided to paint it now as you would have to be a magician to paint it after it's installed.

Only one more to go :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Christian!! I like how you hold your engine when working on it. (y)

Terry B)

Well T, the second one is on a tooth pick . I actually prefer to install a brass tube inside but for some odd reason I have not done so yet .
Leaving the brass long on the back allows for the use of the extra hands for an engine mount.

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

All very cool stuff, specially considering that you work with the 1/72 scale - I'm betting that after the third or fourth model of this scale that I'd build, I would probably be going blind! Jeez that's small!!! :eek:hmy:

That motor looks real good and so do those struts and reinforcements on the floater: that is definately going to be a gourgeous model! :dude

Cheers and keep on moving, Chris, just keep on moving forward! B)
Fernao

Well T, the second one is on a tooth pick . I actually prefer to install a brass tube inside but for some odd reason I have not done so yet .
Leaving the brass long on the back allows for the use of the extra hands for an engine mount.

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Well that's what I do. What you did looked like it might be a handy way to do it.

(y)

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Dusan, Jose , Joey, Mike . Mr T, James, Bob, Fernao.

Just another small update . Life continues to be very busy . :soldier

I did manage to rig the brass on the other pontoon . I painted some non skid places and hung the engine permanently.

I was not totally happy with the paint, so I washed it with a blue oil mixture and rubbed most of it off. Then sealed it again with a coat of future.

before_030a.jpg

I know it looks spotty, but it will get even worse since this paint did not hold up well to the weather.

Still trying to pick out the attaching points for the bracing wires from one picture to the next. Still have some to go before I mount the upper wing.

Cheers, Christian B)

:yipee well, I don't want to get too excited yet. These small biplanes are tough to work with .
Never done this type of paint yet. Supposedly as indescribable as the Army OD and just as bad for fading, so I hope it works .
Keep your fingers crossed .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back