• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It's a duck !

Well, it's a Duck. Or at least I'm gonna try to make a fact similly of this one.

What_nots_21_018%7E0.JPG

More tomorrow

Cheers, Christian B)

Glad you are taking on this Ugly duckling bet you make a Swan out of it again! (y)

I just noticed it does not seem to have much rigging. Damn hehehehe :popcorn

To be honest Dave I think that locating the wings and struts correctly will be challenge enough since there are no positive attach points. :S

And than there will still be the rigging :blink

Frankly, without going too far it is already become :hmmm interesting.

My first day was spent searching for pictures and articles on ducks.

My second day was hands on. Bathing the resin pieces . All thirty nine of them. They are well done.

and then came the plastic

Duck_003a.jpg

made me think of chiseling a jewel from a lump of coal.

Duck_002a.jpg

Duck_001a.jpg

Most of the flash has been removed. Some holes cut and the one that do not belong have been filled.

Duck_004a.jpg

Still have plenty of finishing on these before I go further. Still not sure on the the elevator.

Maybe it will not go from Duck to boat anchor ! :pinch:

Cheers, Christian

Mike I think that's probably what they should have done with the molds before they got this far :stinker

One of the reason I like Sword models so much. They know when the molds are beyond use . :)

Cheers, Christian B)

My Mate Chef swears that these Sword kits are the best models in 72

Will have to keep an eye on your progress and see if its true :popcorn

Now THAT'S funny! We we just saying the same thing about the Pips Priller kit today! :rotf :rotf :rotf

"Ugly Duckling" :ro: one of the most unique aircraft designs, beautiful IMO! :popcorn

All the best!!!
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan. I don't have enough to show yet but I did some fuselage improvement today .

Hope to get going on the interior tomorrow.

You're right. A unique and sturdy design . It is unique.

Cheers, Christian B)

Just a very small update but amazing amount of time spent this far :blink

I finally trimmed the landing gear bay insert and the lower floor to a point where they fit in the fuselage .

Duck_improvements_004a.jpg

The outside fuselage has been scribed , the windows fitted, Panels added

and the fuselage vents have been opened thanks to Mr. Dremmel.

Duck_improvements_006b.jpg

Amazing how many tools one can use in a couple of days of tinkering > Better get the cleaning team out before I shoot any paint !

Duck_improvements_002b.jpg

Comments always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Christian

Back