• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It came from the Spares Box!

Been at this one again making landing gear. I inverted some F4U gear and attached them to some ski gear from a Tupelov for the front gear, then a piece of ski gear, a wheels hub from something and an old prop shaft piece to make the single rear gear.

spares57.jpg

spares58.JPG

spares59.JPG

I'll add some more details to these too.

Some other stuff I added

spares60.JPG

spares61.jpg

Very interesting!! You wouldn't happen to have an extra pair of Panzer III or Stug III tracks in 1/48th scale in your spares box by chance? Gary S.

Thanks Gary,

No, I don't. These ones were left over from an ASU-57 build I did a couple years ago. First tank I built and finished and the last one I'll build and finish. I don't have patience for tracks!

Sorry!

I was going to use a 1/72 Catalina bubble for the cockpit but decided to go with a Mig 21 canopy.

spares62.JPG

spares63.JPG

spares64.JPG

Going to add some air brakes and some tail planes later

spares65.JPG

more PE for later

spares66.JPG

More PE parts and some sprue to fill in the cockpit sides

spares67.JPG

Then worked on modifying the cockpit for the new glass

spares68.JPG

spares69.JPG

spares70.JPG

spares71.JPG

This is SOOOO COOL! What an amazing idea. Just like "Rocky" from Paw Patrol (my son's favourite Cartoon" - just recycle everything!

Looking Forward to how your chimeras are going to turn out.

Thanks guys!

It is fun, certainly given me some ideas for other junk I have in the spares box for the next "In Another World"

Way cool. Love the imagination going into this and really love how its turning out. Watching with great interest.
JAmes

Back