• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Israeli K-Fir C2

iambrb

Ok, here is mine, sorry aboutt he dee-lay!

SHOTTY148.jpg

SHOTTY149.jpg

I know, not much yest, but I feel bit 'ill' (cough-cough), and I am sure I cannot make it to work tomorrow! No TV here, whatever am I going to do to bide my time? he-he-he.....................

this is the basic scheme I am going after:
KFir.jpg

that is three colors in camo, and two in the recognition panels, plus the underside in white, 6 in all, and in 1/76 scale. this should be fun!

It is actually a derivative of the French Mirage Fighter! Different electronics (not sure about the engine) and the addition of canards gave it better lift and manuverability. Here it is I got to the Fuselage today, but there is one pretty obvious seams I will have to build up/sand down (wax-on...wax-off, to use a certain quote) to get rid of when I paint. Whole model is a whopping three trees of parts, so it won't take too long I do not think!
SHOTTY160.jpg

SHOTTY158.jpg

Have to get more CA, otherwise should be good to go!

Well, I got the fuselage and wings together, and boy, am I disappointed!
SHOTTY168.jpg

SHOTTY169.jpg

SHOTTY170.jpg

SHOTTY171.jpg

SHOTTY172.jpg

Tamiya models are usually known for their engineering, but this one is gap-city! I really pre-fitted everything to my best ability, but some of the 'gap-age' that you see there really is the design - thank good enss I bought a little bottle of Zap-A-Gap, looks like I will use it up by pay day on this!

O man,that really is too bad,Bruce! :blink

Never would have thought that would be the case with a Tamiya model.

Greetings,Ron.

Are they glued? Looks like you need to just apply some pressure or clean up some edges to make it fit.

That is glued!!!!!

Having a heckuva time with it. I figger I may have hoed up the nacelles but the uber-gap at the wing root is all the design, not avoidable. That is proving to be very hard to work with

Well, that would tend to explain it! No pics right now, but Ihave been quietly gluing and scrubbing, gluing & scrubbing, and it is admittedly coming alon. I still have intent to finish and do a personable job, as I like the Kfir, and want to do the girl justice.

Ok, spent about 2.5 hours alternately filling and scrubbing with squadrons sticks, mostly whilst I watched re-runs of History Channel's Dogfights - Middle east. Although you cannot tell it in all the pics, most of the voids are filled, and it is pretty smooth overall.
SHOTTY176.jpg

SHOTTY175.jpg

The Inlet nacelles are still pretty weak, I do not think I can avoid a seam there, but most of the other stuff that is not so hot is at least underneath, hidden, or like I said, pretty smooth. With a touch of lluck, I mave this ready for primer in a week or so.

Thank you! I wish I would given it more thought before aaplying glue - I should have used sprue to spread the part internally and fill much if the gap, and some thinsheet behind the inlets would have made everything line up a bit better prior, but hey, it's a learingin process, right?

I am not sure if I will get more of it done this weekend or not - I would like to be in position to paint by the 30th

Ok, only about 2.5 hours I was able to get into any modeling this weekend, as we had company. You cannot see it from the pic, but the air inlets where they meet the fuselage are now pretty smooth, I think the will be fin. Also, there were some ugly-ugly lines at the cockpit area, so I chose to cover them in Styrene rather than continue the fight.
SHOTTY182.jpg

here, you can see where I have pretty much got all the bottom-stuff on, and the kit, as it came, had only two hard points for missles, so after alot of looking at internet pics, I created four other hard points for some 'additional modification' that I will have in the finished product:
SHOTTY183.jpg

All-in-all, the money saved in cost has been MORE than offset in CA and elbow grease! All things considered, it is coming along quite well though, and good luck and God willing, I may be able to get paint on the puppy next weekend!!!!

Back