• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

This year isn't off to a good start....

Heavens Eagle

Went and visited my daughter over New Years and had a good time and the party with her and her boyfriends friends went well in spite of the power going out for a couple of hours. (came back on at about 11:15)

Left Tulsa Saturday and got in Saturday evening. Called and talked with my Mom for a few minutes but she wasn't feeling well so we cut it a bit short. My brother called up a little later and said that indeed she hadn't been doing well all day and was thinking if she wasn't doing better by morning would take her to the hospital.

The next morning he called and said she was in the hospital and in very bad shape. She had apparently had a mild heart attack earlier in the week and had also come down with pneumonia. In addition he said that apparently she had suffered a major heart attack right after he called the ambulance to come get her the night before (he called the ambulance shortly after talking to me).

So made the long trek up to Kansas City. She was in very bad shape and on a B-pap type ventilator to keep her breathing and getting enough oxygen. She was still fairly lucid and conscious but they couldn't take her off the ventilator as it was the only thing keeping her alive. We finally had to move her to hospice as she was too frail and would not recover. She passed Monday afternoon at the age of 94. She wasn't in any pain and basically went to sleep. We were all able to say goodbye to each other and I am grateful for that.

It is getting to me much more than I had expected it to. She has always been there and would always be the obsessive worrier whenever I was travelling. I would usually call her up and visit briefly every couple of weeks or so, and the thought that I won't ever be able to do so again is really giving me a hard time. It hasn't been this bad since my late wife passed almost 20 years ago. I just wanted to share a little as I consider a number of you as good friends and it is hitting me a bit harder than I expected.

Mom in her 20's

Mom 20's SM.jpg

Mom from a couple of years ago.

Mom SM.jpg

My dad chased her for about 11 years before she finally said yes to marrying him. She had a long and fun interesting life and I am sure she is in a good place now and no longer has the discomfort and back pain she has dealt with for all these years. She was always interesting and supportive and very proper.

Joyce Marie - March 18, 1927 - January 3, 2022

Thanks for looking in.

Thank you all so much. I know from my past experiences such as this that it is best to talk a bit about them which helps to move through the grief. It has been hitting rather hard and I have had to ponder this a bit. Reading your condolences has helped a lot. I know that we all share these experiences here as this is a wonderful forum and we have many friends here, some we have met and others that we will probably never have the opportunity. The sharing makes a stronger group and I feel quite lucky to be able to call you folks my friends.

Back