• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In Another World...The Results!

In Another World... PRIZE Announcement!

The second gift certificate is from Warren, he can decide for where. Thanks again, Warren! :salute

You can't win if you don't play. Build 'em if you've got 'em. B)

I have seen Ian's paintings from a very close distance :D they're fantastic, the photos don't do them justice. The winner is in for a treat.

Laurence

This just in! We have additional prizes to be added, stay tuned for further announcements. B)

So, a box of prizes arrived at my house this week, from a generous benefactor (you know who you are). We'll be adding to the prize pot as we get closer to the end of the campaign. If you are a guest at our forum, you may enter by joining up and building a cool model. If you're a current member, get off your butt, sign up and join the fun. :mpup There's still eight months to go, let's see some of these great ideas come to life. :ro:

I'm still in, thinking about the base for the Pink Hunley...

I'll open Registration...

In a recent turn of events, I'll probably be playing along. I'm not expecting to finish (I've got a track record to maintain :smack ), but I've actually had some inspiration for a subject strike. The "DAK with Doc" campaign got the ball rolling, as I started thinking of adding a figure or two. Then browsing on eBay, I stumbled across a WW2 German figure w/ a robotic dog...so then the gears starting rolling and jumbled thoughts of Indiana Jones, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and Star Wars (the original) started rattling around in my brain.

A little more browsing in eBay resulted in finding a couple more items that might tie things together...once bits arrive I can mock things up and see how "big" this little dio is going to end up being.

I'm going to hold off on creating a topic until the 2 other major components are here (one is coming from Japan, so it might be a couple weeks). Besides, I haven't worked out the details yet, nor an full story behind it, but expect something centered around a sci-fi WW2 North Africa desert setting. The "DAK w/ Doc" Bergepanzer will be part of it, but not the sole focal point.

I'm pretty sure I've bitten off more than I can chew...but then again, when was the last time I didn't jump into the deep end over my head? But hey, I've got 8 months to sort it out right? :facepalm

It's almost time to go home...I'm probably going to have to throw on the Sky Captain disk or some Indiana Jones.

I'm not expecting to finish (I've got a track record to maintain

I know the feeling about not wanting to increase the track record... yet, I have been thinking (as a sandbagger mind you) but am not sure about posting as the backstory would easily become politically charged in light of recent events. I wrote most of the backstory (dated in 2034) and called it "The Last Crusade; Order of the Cross" and then the Easter Sunday attacks occurred.

Regards,

I'm not expecting to finish (I've got a track record to maintain

I know the feeling about not wanting to increase the track record... yet, I have been thinking (as a sandbagger mind you) but am not sure about posting as the backstory would easily become politically charged in light of recent events. I wrote most of the backstory (dated in 2034) and called it "The Last Crusade; Order of the Cross" and then the Easter Sunday attacks occurred.

Regards,

Post away Saul. It won't get political I promise.

It's a story, after all. I, for one, appreciate fiction to get away from all the awful reality. Please post it.

The intro:

"The year 2032 wasn’t a good one but with the spring of the New Year, there is hope on the horizon. Europe is in shambles. With the withdrawal of American troops from the Middle East and their isolationism, the Caliphate regrouped, waited and struck. A new Islamic State took over swathes of France and Western Germany with non-believers executed if they wouldn’t convert. Yet, being Muslim was no longer enough. Faith had to be proved by joining the Caliphate in their destruction of anything not in their plans. Refusal was certain death.

England and Russia are fighting their internal battles, the USA quickly eliminated the uprising on their soil using militias. Volunteers went to Canada and then to England as they had done before. Others put their eyes on Europe.

With the border of the European Caliphate moving east, the Germans are now reconsidering the Philippine model and sent out a request for help to the rest of Europe. Hungary, Finland, and Poland immediately signed up. Italy signed the pact but was embroiled in its own battles to protect the Vatican. A hodgepodge of equipment has started arriving. So did the volunteers, Scandinavians, Americans from both North and South, and Asians.

The Iberian Peninsula is mostly under Caliphate control and the Spanish and French, with their foreign legions, are united to try to push them out while the French also control the western border of the European Caliphate.

In Asia, Japan and Korea are isolated, China brutally put down and interned all the tribes from their uprising. They also sent ships out to blockade all the Muslim islands to wait out their outcomes. Arms and advisors poured into Africa to protect the Chinese interests. The Philippines slaughtered any non-Christians they came across.

The Australians drove their insurgents into the desert where they perished and then went on to liberate New Zealand in a horrific set of landings and battles.

Africa and the Middle East are in turmoil as various groups fight and take control, the vast majority of deaths being Muslim versus Muslim."

Three vehicle candidates too...

Regards,

I removed passages about the Chinese in Africa and Russian in the Middle East. I may restore them if I proceed.

Regards,

Very Cool Saul!!!

(y)

I might join the Crusade once I see how you develop this.

It would seem In Another World Part II should be in the offing. We have enough prizes to make it interesting. :ro:
I want to maintain the December 31, 2019 deadline for this campaign, so anyone can enter now.

Back