• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

In Another World...The Results!

In Another World...

I do have something I can do for this; something I'd been planning for quite some time. I just need to get the kits for it. I'll have to look around and see if I can get them soon enough to finish this campaign.

I'm very sad to see some of the things you guys have said about IPMS USA. Their conventions are the best possible place for me to actually meet all you guys and having you so against the convention eliminates any chance I could meet you. Very sad, especially with so many of my friends passing away before I can meet them. That's all I'm going to say.

My idea for a "What if?" answers the question: "What if the Russians had not sunk the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier, but instead developed it into a modern Russian carrier to learn how to build carriers and to have a flagship for their fleet?" I just need to find an old Fujimi Kiev or Minsk carrier and an old Revell Graf Zeppelin to graft together. If anyone has any ideas or kits of those two they wish to sell, let me know.

Mark, did you know that trumpeter recently released the graf zepplin carrier in 1/700. They also did a second German carrier called the Peter Stasser. More pricey probably but easier to find maybe than the revell kit.

In Another World...

I do have something I can do for this; something I'd been planning for quite some time. I just need to get the kits for it. I'll have to look around and see if I can get them soon enough to finish this campaign.

I'm very sad to see some of the things you guys have said about IPMS USA. Their conventions are the best possible place for me to actually meet all you guys and having you so against the convention eliminates any chance I could meet you. Very sad, especially with so many of my friends passing away before I can meet them. That's all I'm going to say.

My idea for a "What if?" answers the question: "What if the Russians had not sunk the Graf Zeppelin aircraft carrier, but instead developed it into a modern Russian carrier to learn how to build carriers and to have a flagship for their fleet?" I just need to find an old Fujimi Kiev or Minsk carrier and an old Revell Graf Zeppelin to graft together. If anyone has any ideas or kits of those two they wish to sell, let me know.

Mark, did you know that trumpeter recently released the graf zepplin carrier in 1/700. They also did a second German carrier called the Peter Stasser. More pricey probably but easier to find maybe than the revell kit.

Yes, and I believe I have that kit already to build as a Graf Zeppelin and I plan on getting the Peter Strasser as well. However, the Revell kit is a much poorer kit that I don't mind modifying so much. I'd not be thrilled with doing that with the much more pricey Trumpeter kit. I'll keep looking.

In Another World...

OK I have a technical question regarding what is and isn't allowed here. I have two kits that are like 98% complete, sitting on the shelf of doom. Can I kit-bash them together into one kit, which of course includes repainting them I guess decals too, and create an entry?

I even have a backstory as to the what & the why of it, but before I "kill" two kits to make one, I need clarification.

In Another World...

First reaction is as long as you are reworking previous work and have a back story to support your entry, I'm OK with that. The purpose of this campaign is to stimulate participation on the site, by building creative ideas and having fun along the way. B)

In Another World...

THANKS!!!! So here is my thought on this:

In the early days of the 2nd global conflict, known in the ‘unapproved slang’ history as WW2, the Philippine Gov’t, fearing the Imperalistic Japanese, insisted the US locate some manufacturing in Manila as a show of force. Sadly, the Japanese successfully overran Manila in early 1940, capturing the partially complete M3 Stuart manufacturing plant. Japanese technicians were rushed in, & immediately, they realized that this would be a vast improvement in mobility & firepower over their Type-97, & by the early portion of Guadalcanal, US troops were surprised to see this hybrid tank!

So basically, I am going to cut apart an M3 Stuart & a Type-97 Chi-Ha to create an entirely NEW AFV!

Sound like a plan???

In Another World...

I may not be able to start it this weekend, but it really IS a neat idea! I am intending to keep the hull of the M3, maybe the idler wheel too, but pretty much all other portions of the suspension will come from the Type-97. Just have to figure out how to remove all the paint first!

In Another World...

THANKS!!!! So here is my thought on this:

In the early days of the 2nd global conflict, known in the ‘unapproved slang’ history as WW2, the Philippine Gov’t, fearing the Imperalistic Japanese, insisted the US locate some manufacturing in Manila as a show of force. Sadly, the Japanese successfully overran Manila in early 1940, capturing the partially complete M3 Stuart manufacturing plant. Japanese technicians were rushed in, & immediately, they realized that this would be a vast improvement in mobility & firepower over their Type-97, & by the early portion of Guadalcanal, US troops were surprised to see this hybrid tank!

So basically, I am going to cut apart an M3 Stuart & a Type-97 Chi-Ha to create an entirely NEW AFV!

Sound like a plan???

Sounds sweet!

:yipee

In Another World...

While I can't get started on my first idea for a while, I was cleaning the shop yesterday to try to spark interest and I came across a Star Wars 1/48 AT-AT that fits well with 1/48 German AM parts. I started it a while ago, If theres no objection, I'll throw this into the mix while I'm waiting to do a more serious attempt.

I'm thinking Octopus Camo. B)

In Another World...

While I can't get started on my first idea for a while, I was cleaning the shop yesterday to try to spark interest and I came across a Star Wars 1/48 AT-AT that fits well with 1/48 German AM parts. I started it a while ago, If theres no objection, I'll throw this into the mix while I'm waiting to do a more serious attempt.

I'm thinking Octopus Camo. B)

YES.........

In Another World...

We have a cool ribbon and plenty of room for more builds, who wants in?
:v

In Another World... PRIZE Announcement!

Alright troops, time for an announcement. There will be three prizes awarded by the panel, chosen from completed entries. First prize is a print from Ian Hill, something anyone would be proud to own. Second prize is a $50USD gift certificate from Lots Of Models and third prize is a $25USD gift certificate, from where has not been determined yet.
All you have to do to win one of these is build and complete a cool model. The field is wide open and we're going to have a load of fun along the way. :woohoo:

We have several of our masters building along, most of whom are not in the running for the prizes, so don't let that bother you. The purpose of this exercise is having fun with our hobby, step outside the lines, try something new. Who knows, you might like it. (y)

Thanks to all who are in progress with their builds, lots of time left for those who haven't begun. :salute

Alright troops, time for an announcement. There will be three prizes awarded by the panel, chosen from completed entries. First prize is a print from Ian Hill, something anyone would be proud to own. Second prize is a $50USD gift certificate from Lots Of Models and third prize is a $25USD gift certificate, from where has not been determined yet.
All you have to do to win one of these is build and complete a cool model. The field is wide open and we're going to have a load of fun along the way. :woohoo:

We have several of our masters building along, most of whom are not in the running for the prizes, so don't let that bother you. The purpose of this exercise is having fun with our hobby, step outside the lines, try something new. Who knows, you might like it. (y)

Thanks to all who are in progress with their builds, lots of time left for those who haven't begun. :salute

Further to Mikes announcement here is the print that I will be sending to the first prize winner.
Drumheller Apocalypse Part 1.

drumheller_final_Gland_3025_white_border.jpg

This illustration / painting is of a post apocalyptic world where the bounty hunter, John Drumheller, searches the wasteland's coastline for the killer of the New Republic's President. Along the way he will learn just as much about himself as about his bounty while he discovers the relics of the recent past scattered across the North American continent.

Good luck and may the force be with you all! :good:

Ian.

Super cool prizes!
:yipee
I harbor no illusions about winning any prizes. I expected to enjoy this campaign and I am!
:gogo :rotf :yipee :bang head :drinks :dance :drool
Thanks Ian!
You ROCK!

Back