• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'll Never Heil Again!

Thank you to all for the comments, I appreciate them! I wanted to see if the mud splatter technique works in 1/72, alas, it' harder than it looks! Calling this complete.

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_4682.JPG

IMG_4684.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG

Thanks for the comments, looking forward to the next campaign! (y)

Hmmm. maybe lost on the scale, think the splatters are really big,course that depends on where they been mudboggin'. :mpup

It doesn't help that the mud matches the camo spots, next time I'll try a different method. Learning curve hurts a little. :eek:hmy:

Love the tank Mike, but the splatters are a bit big. Any way to brush them down a bit? Otherwise I really like it.
James

I don't know about that, James. Does Staples have one of those do over buttons? :D I may try to fix it, but like I said, it was an experiment from the get go. :idonno

Thanks guys! I did not like the look of the light splashes, they were too big and they were too close in color to the light dots, SO...

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

I took a stiff brush and started rubbing the splashes. This blended the plaster that was mixed into the "mud" and made things look more "to scale". What do you think?

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

IMG_4732.JPG

A lesson in snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but how do you know unless you try new stuff, huh? :laugh:

Back