• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'll Never Heil Again!

Iron Mike

Master At Arms And Resident Curmudgeon
There has been a slight change of plans for this campaign, I have decided to do a quick mojo builder on a subject I've wanted to do for a long time.

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

I'm planning this King Tiger to have been "liberated" by US troops, sometime in 1945. The Three Stooges short provides the inspiration, just too good a theme to pass up.

Thanks folks! The short left out lots of classic Stooge routines, look for the full length video, it's worth it!

Finally got a little time to assemble the kit, what a well detailed little monster! Everything fits and the directions are accurate!

IMG_4588.JPG

IMG_4589.JPG

Going to shoot the base coat in a bit, more pix to follow. (y)

N'yuk, n'yuk. n'yuk, Hey Moe!

Fresh from the paint booth, using Waldemar Trojca's Konigstiger In Color book as a sketch pad.

IMG_4593.JPG

IMG_4594.JPG

OOPS! Missed a spot!
IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG

IMG_4597.JPG

Green looks like it should have been a little more olive on here and the yellow needs toning down, but they always look so stark at this stage anyway. Still need to do the detail painting on the tools etc. Planning to start the washes Tuesday, back to work tomorrow! :stinker

Good job Mike . These complex paint jobs are so much harder to do on the smaller scale subjects. can't wait for some weathering. :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

A big THANK YOU to all for your support! This has been a trying week at Iron Mike's house, my wife has been on bed rest due to a doctor's pain injection gone bad. Needless to say, I've had my mind elsewhere and been away from the bench most of the week. I did manage to squeeze in some painting while she napped, what do you think?

IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

IMG_4610.JPG

The camo spots were hand applied, glossed up the areas for decals and the washes.

IMG_4619.JPG

IMG_4620.JPG

IMG_4621.JPG

Thanks to Joe for the star decals! :notworthy I have a little more to add before I call it done, comments and suggestions always welcome! (y)

Hey Mike sorry to hear that. Hope she is getting better. The tank looks very cool. What a differance with that big star on it. (y) (y) (y)
James

Looking very nice Mike!! I like how you brought out the detail on the wheels.

(y)

Back