• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IL-2 shturmovik

It's a lava field on acid :blink Where did you find that ? Looks like it's straight out of the 60 ? :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Our house was built in the early 80's so don't ask me where the previous owners dug that rug up. :idonno

Probably best " Don't ask, Don't tell " :rotf I thought it was all long gone .

The first house I bought in 94 had a pink bathroom , rose carpeting and green appliances :frantic

Canopy is masked and on so on to the primer. Took it outside and used the Tamiya primer in the rattle can and wouldn't you know it I dropped it in the grass with a wet coat of paint on it. :bang head :bang head :bang head

I think I was able to lighly sand out the worst of it so all is good. I was up on the raised deck when I dropped it and I must say it flew pretty good. Just a nice gentle float down. :dance

Anyway, my wife informs me that we are going away for a few days over Easter. :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic Thought I had lots of time to finish this now it looks like I'm under the gun. Got the bottom blue on. Tell me how happy I was to find a bottle of Russian blue in a box that I traded with Tim for!!! :dance

Hopefully top colours tomorrow.

09IL2.jpg

10IL2.jpg

Canopy is masked and on so on to the primer. Took it outside and used the Tamiya primer in the rattle can and wouldn't you know it I dropped it in the grass with a wet coat of paint on it. :bang head :bang head :bang head

I think I was able to lighly sand out the worst of it so all is good. I was up on the raised deck when I dropped it and I must say it flew pretty good. Just a nice gentle float down. :dance

Anyway, my wife informs me that we are going away for a few days over Easter. :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic :frantic Thought I had lots of time to finish this now it looks like I'm under the gun. Got the bottom blue on. Tell me how happy I was to find a bottle of Russian blue in a box that I traded with Tim for!!! :dance

Hopefully top colours tomorrow.

09IL2.jpg

10IL2.jpg

Can't see any damage so you must have cleaned it up pretty good. Neat to know about the float, good aircraft design does scale down I guess. :pilot

Good recovery Dave . They did reffer to them as tanks . Guess it can take a spill and survive.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys!

Yes Ian it requires shades even in the dark. Will try to tone it down some with the weathering.

I am pretty happy with how it cleaned up but even if it didn't I was just going to call it battle damage and move on with the deadline coming up fast.

Happy to have been able to contribute in my own simple selfish way...... :D , I did read in the middle of all the arguing over VVS colors and shades and things that Humbrol 65 is a close match :tomato

Happy to have been able to contribute in my own simple selfish way...... :D , I did read in the middle of all the arguing over VVS colors and shades and things that Humbrol 65 is a close match :tomato

There was arguing over the VVS colors ? I don't remember going to the VVS site ?

No one there agrees, but at lest they have some color samples and some paint schemes better than the brown/green that all the manufacturers seem to live/die by .

Battle damage fixes a lot of things :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James!

Tim, Christian, I figure I wasn't going to solve any debate in the next 10 days or whatever I have left so I went with the box instructions on the paint. Well, as close as I could with what paints I had available to me. Life moves on. :D

Top colours are on. I tried mixing up a couple of colours and this is what I ended up with. Onward and upwards. :pilot

11IL2.jpg

12IL2.jpg

Gloss coat is now on and hope to get the decals on tomorrow before I leave. :frantic

Glad She flew to the ground Ok ... nice Blue color looks Russian blue to me ... great Camo job on top ... :popcorn :pilot (y)

HI Dave

Excellent job. I really like the Sturmovik, particularly the one-siters from 1942-1943. Those VVS colors are also an item from themselves.

Looking forward to your finishing.

Cheers

Alex

Back