• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IL-2 shturmovik

I know what you mean Dave . Not sure the colors dilemma will ever be solved . At least not at the modeler level .

The fact that the kit companies have reproduced the previous mistakes have not helped either.

Looks well finished to me and certainly looks like a two seater IL-2 to me (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Excellent work.

This bird is reallly growing on me. I have a soft spot for armor, so AC that thinks it's a tank gets my vote. Jugs, Hellcats...

Thanks for all your comments guys and for following along.

Decals are on and got some more details painted. Going away for a few days so hopefully I will have enough time to finish it up when I get back.

13IL2.jpg

14IL2.jpg

15IL2.jpg

Thanks Pup, Dave! :drinks

Back at it after my wild weekend adventures. Added most of the fiddly bits and gave it a wash tonight. All that is left are the bombs, rear machine gun and the landing light. Those will go on after the filter and flat coat which I hope to do tomorrow night.

18IL2.jpg

17IL2.jpg

16IL2.jpg

Back at it after my wild weekend adventures. Added most of the fiddly bits and gave it a wash tonight. All that is left are the bombs, rear machine gun and the landing light. Those will go on after the filter and flat coat which I hope to do tomorrow night.

18IL2.jpg

17IL2.jpg

16IL2.jpg

2 days...:popcorn

18IL2.jpg

17IL2.jpg

16IL2.jpg

2 days...:popcorn

Wow that is SUPER nice! Kinda hard to see outta the canopy though

It is done!!!! ...but too late for pics tonight. I'll have to keep you in suspense for one more day! Muwahahhahahaha! :evil:

Finally kicked my wife off the computer for a few minutes so that I can upload some pictures. After the wash I tried some post shading for the first time with some Tamiya smoke and I am pretty happy with the result. A light dusting with some Tamiya Buff to blend it all in and then finish off all the little details.

25IL2.jpg

24IL2.jpg

23IL2.jpg

22IL2.jpg

21IL2.jpg

20IL2.jpg

19IL2.jpg

Back