• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ideas for this Comet tank

The Zod

A week or so back,I went into a Hobby Town USA shop,I saw this in the clearance section.
COMET.jpg

It is missing the Dx2 sprue runners for the entire suspension. It did have the post war idler wheels.

I am thinking of a Christie style suspension,like on a T34 or Cromwell. As I am home,I may have to see
how well a Tamiya T34 suspension will fit onto the lower hull. The only snag I see is what to use for the
tracks and sprocket. No sprocket with the kit.

A possible replacement for the sprocket is the Cromwell. The width of the Cromwell sprocket willhave to be wider.

Hopefully the Comet tracks will fit onto the Cromwell sprocket teeth.

You might try and contact Bronco and see if the can send you some replacement sprues. Other than that looks like a good candidate for another walking tank.

Terry B)

You might try and contact Bronco and see if the can send you some replacement sprues. Other than that looks like a good candidate for another walking tank.

Terry B)
Thanks for the Bronco idea Terry. This would look cool as a walker. :hmmm

Back