• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

IAR 81C

Hey Chuck! Always good to see your craftmanship skills. Sometimes the one step back ends up being to our benefit. Been there done that. :idonno

As always I appreciate your work and techniques!

Looking forword to the next installment!

I'm with Terry, a Chuck update is just what I needed (y) (y) (y)

Beautiful craftmanship on display and of course I really like the soldering :D :D :D

This is one of those updates that you go back an look again and again and.....

Randy

Many thanks, guys! Life's running a little rough at our house lately, but modeling has always proved a comfort. I was lying awake one night (I'm a lousy sleeper) and thought to check the exhausts vs gill ring dealie, but did I? Noooooo! I will trace the pattern on acetate and do a positive check before I go any further- that will be 20 minutes well spent, I think!

Chuck
Sorry to have almost missed your latest update (darn travel tours anyway).
As are the others, I am in awe of your abilities.
'course I understand about the "oops" factor; It just visited my bench, but Im sure my remake will be 1/2 as good as the "brilliant" inital part - but at least this time, all the parts will be the same scale .

OK time for a brew and some deep plannin' time. Cheers

Chuk!

Eyepopping goodness once again!! sensory overload detected - shutting down mainframe!

Noticed your ship you have ordered, now that just boggles the mind what you will do with that one!!

:drinks

Thanks, gents! I have soldered a new ring and am getting it to fit in place. Lookin' good, and the exhausts are in the clear! It's a tricky little bugger, but it looks so nice in place. Once the engine is mounted I will add third piece of rod to each vee strut, linking them to engine cylinders. Pics are forthcoming!

Phil, it's a stroke of luck that Eduard has just released a nice Big Ed set for the Arizona. Ouch, says my wallet- and what about those KA wooden decks? :O

Phil, it's a stroke of luck that Eduard has just released a nice Big Ed set for the Arizona. Ouch, says my wallet- and what about those KA wooden decks? :O

You only live once Chuk, so get into it, hope you start the Arizona very soon (y)

Thanks, you flatterers! A brief, but happy update- enjoy!

IAR_084.jpg

IAR_085.jpg

IAR_086.jpg

IAR_087.jpg

IAR_088.jpg

IAR_089.jpg

IAR_090.jpg

Lili_003.jpg

Chuck are you still chipping the solder or have you gotten some soldering paste?

Outstanding craftsmanship sir! :notworthy

Hey Chuck! I must agree, your lady tour guides are definitely becoming more photo realistic. Very Nice!

The computer layout idea is a real good one. Have used something similar for a while now and it makes some difficult jobs so much simpler.

Still have to remember that this is a rather TINY model that you are detailing so nicely!

Back