• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I am in need of some WNW Fokker DVII help!

Jeeves

This one might pertain more to James since I know he has a couple under his belt and maybe has run into this issue! I lined things up as best as I could by eye and thought it was all good-- until I went to put on the top and bottom covers. From what I can see- things seem to be lined up ok-- but I am obviously hitting the issue with the frame being too wide for the top cover here--
001~62.jpg

And although I was sure the radiator and front cover were aligned ok-- with the plug that goes into the front of the engine- as one can see from this pic- where this bottom cover is supposed to be, I have a bit of a gap...
002~57.jpg

Have you come across these issues James (or others?) or am I the only lucky one??

Okay the width thing seems to bite a few people in the butt. Even a coat of paint can cause the fuselage to be too wide. If you have not yet got the fuselage sides together thry sanding the outer frame down a bit. Then check alignment again. As for the front cowling, that could be bad. I looked at your build and the engine looks like it is in the proper position, so I dont think its that. The frame seems to be in the proper position also. The whye hose from the radiator could be hanging you up. On ones where I am not showing the engine I actually cut it off. If you are showing the engine then check to see if the hose is caught on the engine bearers or engine itself. This assembly should slide right back to the other panel. The only gap you should have (depending on a/c is on the triangular engine covers. There is about a 1mm gap.
When I get home I'll look at mine and see if I can see anything else it could be.

PS you might also apply pressure to the fuselage sides to get them closer to alignment with the top cowl but beware of too much pressure where you might break the frame. This is a very tight tolerance kit and not very forgiving as a slight misalignment might not show up for 3 or 4 steps when it cant be fixed.
James

Mike check how the fuel tank and ammo cans mate up with the frame, I remember it being some confusion on my part about what slot mated with what joint on the frame, they sort of interlocked and the frame should be snug against the tanks and cans.

Looking at your second picture I think I see part of the problem. That firewall should be aligned with the frame, check me on that James.

You got the fuselage sides on yet?

Thanks guys...yeah the fuselage halves are glued together...just not that cowling piece or the one I was showing on the underside....I'll see if there's anything obstructing things James...

Back