• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Type 17 in 1/32, OD's Mulligan

Hokie smokes I thought I had till the end of July but I just noticed it ends on the 30th, not gonna make that !

:idonno

Hokie smokes I thought I had till the end of July but I just noticed it ends on the 30th, not gonna make that !

:idonno

You and Me both ... I've laid around & played around this on Bench too long ... Summer's almost gone !!! I want to do a good paint job on the Russian tractor ... I'm having trouble finding driver's & riders ... So looks like the Mulligan may come into play ... :hmmm (y)

OK, colors on...

i-16-32-b18.jpg

Stickers on...

i-16-32-b19.jpg

Well thats it aint it They were such basic planes and yet they were efectively used and much like the Storch they were so slow that the faster fighters could not get inside them to shoot them down. And they were damn tough as nails also. One of the planes that is not really recognised in the west for the role it played in the east.

Looks great Gary, those wires coming off the landing gear, is that how they retracted the gear?

Looks great Gary, those wires coming off the landing gear, is that how they retracted the gear?

Yup.....Pretty primitive huh :blink Actually there were more aircraft to use similar systems such as the Twin Beech 18 (chain and sprocket ) but it was supposed to be for emergency purpose.

Cheers, Christian B)

Yup.....Pretty primitive huh :blink Actually there were more aircraft to use similar systems such as the Twin Beech 18 (chain and sprocket ) but it was supposed to be for emergency purpose.

Cheers, Christian B)

The Wildcat had that also but at least it was not exposed. But if it worked, why fix it?

A lot of aircraft designed pre-war had manual gear retraction systems, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic systems light enough to be considered for use on aircraft were still in the development stage. The AVRO Anson I'm going to build for the trainer campaign also had a manual retraction system.

Thanks guys for your comments.

Back