• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hurricane

paddy

Here is an interesting picture. Not how i imagined the gun bay of a Hurricane ??

Hawker-Hurricane-IIb-RAF-3Sqn-showing-the-gun-bays-at-Hunsdon-Hertfordshire-IWM-CH3522.jpg

Maybe they had to be spit clean to stop jams etc ?

I thought i would have rea;l problems finding accurate info on the Hurricane as all the remaining ones are rebuilt and the interior colours vary hugely however it seems that Finland of all places has an original unrestored example in a Museum...Cant argue with that..

image.jpg

Silver frame, silver seat, interior green . Most people paint the frame silver. Restored examples are usually aluminium but original here is silver painted steel

Last edited:
Wow , this is gonna be cool. I've always had a penchant for Finnish airplanes . That country really adapted so much to survive .
I wonder if the sea Hurricane was the same ? So many unpainted rivets.
Cheers, Christian

Yea it was more the fact that its so clean unless its a staged pic with an armourer at the factory ?
I will not build it as a Finnish aircraft but the Finnish aircraft is the best preserved original example to use as a base/reference .

The unsung hero of WWII the Hurricane was a better more stable gun platform than any other British fighter of the time and it had more kills during the Battle of Britain. But the Spit was sexier looking, could climb faster, and had the whole mystique about it. Love the Hurricane. I have one I want to build also but mine will be a Canadian bird from the west coast at Patricia Bay BC. Will watch with absolute interest.
James

I remember the Monogram kit that could be built 6 (?) different ways. I build every one of them.

Back