• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hurricane Laura

Back to work today. It's kinda like camping. I have generator power to the wall they built to make my office out of an old tool room. So, thanks to a few extension cords, I have my PC, vinyl cutter and printer powered up along with a fan and the stand alone room a/c. No work for my crew today as all the other crews are making sure the drainage ditches are clear and can handle the rain from tropical storm Beta.

This weekend I was able to carve me out a space at our temporary home to fill glue and masks orders and maybe work on a model or two. I even got a few orders out. It was nice to do something not storm related for a change.

Kenny, This is terrible news. I arrived in St Croix 4 days after Hurricane Hugo went through in '89 and have seen the damage such a storm can bring. I know that there is little this unrepentant Yankee can do, but you and your family will be in my prayers. Payday is until the 30th...

Thank you Barney. We'll get through this. We are Sulphur Strong. This is where my parent grew up. It's home.

Sulphur strong.jpg

Kenny I'm glad to hear you're back at work and able to fill orders. It's quite a bonus that you were able to get some model building in as well. Still praying for you, especially since my family went through Hurricane Sally. They are all fine, but my mother is living with my sister until they can restore her flooded house.

Keep plugging Kenny!

We have power at work! No more listening to that big diesel generator sitting 8 feet from my office. And I have lights! Up till now the only light I had was the task lamp over my drawing table. Renee informed me that our HD antenna for the tv came in today. Now we can watch tv like normal people instead of on my iPad Pro. Sprint's network got hammered here. T-Mobile, who now owns Sprint, gave Renee a cell phone that can also be used as a WiFi hotspot for 30 days free of charge. Fortunately my work cell phone is AT&T. Our cable/internet company has been getting hammered by the local and state governmental bodies because of the lack of response to getting their lines back up. They should be coming right behind the power companies and installing their lines. And speaking of the power companies, in just over three weeks contractors have replaced over 12,000 power poles! Of course they and the electric crews are running two 12 hour shifts.

🎩
Gotta find a tip of the hat emoticon for the Linemen all over this country who keep our power grid up.
Good news Kenny!

Poor Ian, he doesn't understand what happened with the storm, why we're not in our home and why he's not going to school and where the rest of the dogs are. Renee said he started with his "it's not working" mantra and then just started crying. It's hard enough for a "normal" person to wrap their head around all this, but how do you try to explain it to a special needs teen?

It hard for many to accept changes and even harder for Ian. I hope his routines didn't change much. Work is good to keep us adults busy. Yet, I can imagine this weighs heavily on you.

Regards,

Back