• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunter FR.10 * * F I N I S H E D * *

Hunter FR10 - This time I'll do it !!

Since you probably have research stuff in front of tell me something. I use to watch the Belgian Hunters fly around my house all the time .

The paint jobs looked like that but I could have sworn the bottoms were silver . Were they just light gray ? It's been a long time .

Cheers, Christian B)

Chances are the undersides were silver, Christian. The F.4's & F.6's that were supplied to Belgium started from 1956. Some were built by SABCA & Avions Fairey some by VFW-Fokker. The 'standard' paint scheme at that time was Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey/Silver (not NMF). The Light Aircraft Grey undersides were specified in mid '66 and was introduced as fast as possible in the RAF, the Belgian Hunter fleet was being drawn-down by then ready for the Starfighter's and later the Mirage V.

HTH

Ian.

That make sense but you know , some of that silver paint is hard to differentiate from light grays .

Yep, they really evolved from the Meteors to the F-86 to the Hunters to the F-104 and the Mirages .

They must be getting some good deals on aircraft , although they might not have the money to have an AF. all year round :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

Hunter FR10

That is looking excellent! I've used those Flory washes before as well, they are great for doing aircraft like this. Way to go man, this is looking great!

Hunter FR10

Yeah, unfortunately it will have to sit patiently in the holding pattern until Monday - Frau has taken the day off, so we'll be continuing to build the fence on the west side of the section then after lunch, the 'little storm-troopers' are competing in the school triathlon, so we'll be over the road cheering them along.

Thanks for all the great comments along the way folks, always appreciated, never taken for granted.

AFN, have a great weekend.

Ian.

Not only over the piano keys, but rolled-out, taxied-in and shut-down.

ha3b80a2_2016-03-14.jpg

Thanks for sticking with me through this (very) short build, really appreciate all the comments as always. More pics in the completed builds section.

AFN

Ian.

Not only over the piano keys, but rolled-out, taxied-in and shut-down.

ha3b80a2_2016-03-14.jpg

Thanks for sticking with me through this (very) short build, really appreciate all the comments as always. More pics in the completed builds section.

AFN

Ian.

Fine work, Sir

Back