• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunter FR.10 * * F I N I S H E D * *

ij001

(assumes gravel toned DVD voice-over artists voice) "I'm back, and this time it's personal..."

haefa0c6_2016-02-27.JPG

h8fdbca8_2016-02-27.JPG

I was going to build this RoG Hunter for the Recce Campaign, but ended-up building the Dinah, so I thought I'd resurrect it for this years MMM Campaign, nothing glued together I promise, if you want a 'fresh' Date-stamp pic, I'm happy to do that, otherwise, it's going to hit the bench on Monday along with everyone else's.

'Bout time I did another Hunter. :pilot

AFN

Ian.

Hunter FR10 - This time I'll do it !!

Progress after 1 hour:

hdc6ecbe.JPG

h19a97c6.JPG

Cockpit painted, dry-brushed and installed, fuselage halves together, resin camera nose ready to add...

...and fifteen mins later,

ha998df5.jpg

hd36d9e6.jpg

Ta-daaaa :pilot

Ian.

That is fast-track modelling at its best. (y) (y)

Great job. Looking forward to the next chapters! :popcorn

Alex

And then after another 45mins:

h0ec2439.JPG

hbc86ff6.JPG

h6cf4497.JPG

h3bbe73b.JPG

Yep, intakes and wheel wells sprayed, also all the insides of the gear doors, gear legs and the flaps. The wings were built-up (you have to drill the pylon holes you need RAF or Swiss specific, then add the dog-tooth and the large wing-tip sections), and then added. A little filling and blending for the resin nose and the underside of the wing-tips, add the top of the bang-seat and that's where it stands right now.

Later this afternoon, I'll add the 'Sabrinas' - if you're British you'll know exactly what that refers to, if you aren't, first of all my condolences, secondly, use your favourite search engine and look-up "sabrina 1960's model". I'll also mask the wells, and if I have time the canopy aswell, ready to shoot a primer tomorrow morning.

Quite a productive session, wouldn't you say :dance

AFN

Ian.

What the????? It's still February here in the states, oh wait guess not on the east coast! :tomato

Way to get us rolling in MMM Ian!

Great model...one of the best in the 1/72... :coolio

Excelent start,too... :popcorn

Luiz.

I agree Luiz, pretty close to the 'perfect' kit.

Ian.

Thanks all.

...and right now it's sitting in the 'drying bay' whilst the primer-coat is drying. :eek:hmy:

Ian.

Primer coat was Tamiya acrylic flat black, I sprayed that yesterday morning, and sealed it in with a coat of Klear/Future applied with a 'hairy stick' yesterday evening. This morning I've shot two medium coats of Xtracolour (X15) enamel Light Aircraft Grey.

h2b94448.JPG

h85169a0.JPG

h3253a46.JPG

So far this project has taken just 3hrs and 30mins bench-time. Enjoying this so much, I'm thinking of buying a 1:32 Revell Hunter just because...

Ian.

Back