• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hunter FR.10 * * F I N I S H E D * *

Hunter FR10 - This time I'll do it !!

Thanks all, glad everyone seems to like it, personally I'm loving this build :coolio .

Just finished spraying the Dark Green about twenty mins ago (Xtracolour X1). Probably wont get time over the weekend for anything else - it's a busy one and it looks like another warm & sunny couple of days.

More early next week.

Ian.

Really good Ian :good: ... following with full attention :popcorn

:drinks

Luiz.

Hunter FR10 - Paint done !!

Today went much better than expected and as a result I managed to grab just over an hour at the bench, so....

h1d7ff5e.JPG

h4b2f6e8.JPG

h00e16b2.JPG

h448e436.jpg

Next, stickers :dance

Ian.

Primer coat was Tamiya acrylic flat black, I sprayed that yesterday morning, and sealed it in with a coat of Klear/Future applied with a 'hairy stick' yesterday evening. This morning I've shot two medium coats of Xtracolour (X15) enamel Light Aircraft Grey.

h2b94448.JPG

h85169a0.JPG

h3253a46.JPG

So far this project has taken just 3hrs and 30mins bench-time. Enjoying this so much, I'm thinking of buying a 1:32 Revell Hunter just because...

Ian.

Starting to look really good Ian (y)

Since you probably have research stuff in front of tell me something .

I use to watch the Belgian Hunters fly around my house all the time .

The paint jobs looked like that but I could have sworn the bottoms were silver . Were they just light gray ? It's been a long time .

Cheers, Christian B)

Hunter FR10 - Paint done !!

You need to slow down there mister. I'm trying to be the first one done in this campaign :idonno :rotf

Looking good Ian! (y)

Since you probably have research stuff in front of tell me something. I use to watch the Belgian Hunters fly around my house all the time .

The paint jobs looked like that but I could have sworn the bottoms were silver . Were they just light gray ? It's been a long time .

Cheers, Christian B)

Chances are the undersides were silver, Christian. The F.4's & F.6's that were supplied to Belgium started from 1956. Some were built by SABCA & Avions Fairey some by VFW-Fokker. The 'standard' paint scheme at that time was Dark Green/Dark Sea Grey/Silver (not NMF). The Light Aircraft Grey undersides were specified in mid '66 and was introduced as fast as possible in the RAF, the Belgian Hunter fleet was being drawn-down by then ready for the Starfighter's and later the Mirage V.

HTH

Ian.

Hunter FR10

Slow work day, so decals went-on in one 90min sitting just before lunch. Think the bench-clock is now sitting at 5hrs and 45mins... time is just flying on this build. Pics, hopefully, in the morning.

Next mask/paint the drop-tanks (ughhh :bang head ), and a light pin-wash.

AFN

Ian.

Hunter FR10

OK, back to the bench with this one:

Decals (Xtradecal) went on without a fuss, as did all the kit stencils. RoG really have got the knack of printing very good small decals that at least in my recent experience don't silver at all. After the 'stickers' were applied, I sealed them in with another coat of (brush applies) Johnsons Klear.

After a day, I assaulted the poor wee thing with Flory/Pro-Modeller 'Dark Dirt':

h42cfbb9.JPG

ha18c4eb.JPG

I gave it an hour to dry, then wiped it clear with a piece of slightly dampened old T-Shirt:

h5fd3022.JPG

In these photos I've anchored the main gear doors in to place with Blu-Tack, obviously this was required to place those awkward underwing RAF codes.

More in a minute.

Ian.

Hunter FR10

...and here is how it looks now. On it's legs and final varnish coat on (Humbrol Gloss mixed 50/50 with Humbrol Satin Cote, then cut with distilled white spirit):

With a little luck, I can get it over the 'piano keys' tomorrow. Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment.

Ian.

Back