• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HMS Nancy War of 1812 Canadian Schooner.

Nancy Schooner 1 (3).jpg20221113_214112.jpg
Working from my Nancy Reference, a guy can see how long all the masts, yards, gaffs and bowsprit are.
This little Lady carried a huge amount of sail with everything flying!
Thanks again for looking in!
1668473515650.png

20221118_092729.jpg
Nancy's main mast & boom in their crudest state. Stepping off the measurements from the 25" scale or using the specified ones yield the same result. :yipee:
Humphey Bogart's Santana has been renting space in my head. :hmm:

20221119_052741.jpg
Change of plan. The Nancy schooner wasn't built as a Royal Navy vessel. She was built in Detroit for a Great Lakes fur trading company.
She only became "HMS" after the beginning of the the 1812 War and a change of command to a regular Royal Navy officer.
Airbrushing the dark wood brown on Nancy caused a little overspray on the deck. A few swipes of airbrush thinner and the overspray became a fine wash for the deck planking details. Railings around her quarter deck and her tiller are additions to the model schooner this go-round.

Modeling occurred at an odd time this day. I awoke around 0100 and cheerily modeled away until 0430. Then, A NAP! :yipee:

20221125_093330.jpg
Nancy got her cannon today. I found a decent boat ship's for her as well. Wood tan and brown for masts and bowsprit.
She's been attached to her credit card for additional fixing of masts, booms, yardarms and sails.
1669433415539.png
:capsmiley::salute:

20230415_160629.jpg
Barrett's 1/700 privateer Antelope sloop on one of Teresa's blue bases made her debut in Monticello. I hope Stan Rogers was smiling down when Antelope received her gold award. :drunks: :drink

Back