• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help identify Sherman M4A3 part

wds

What is this? (Left side of hull)
Thanks,

Bill

m4a3e8_058_of_109t_20100524_1297650767.jpg

OK, where did the "edit" button go?

While I'm at it, here is another one on a British Sherman (also found on the Cromwell) Is it a fire extinguisher?

Thanks again,

Bill

sherm_3_copy_2_20100524_1812922614.jpg

Thanks Terry and Saul for your quick replies.
Take a star out of petty cash. :laugh:

Thanks,

Bill (who only has one walk-around/in-action book (Tiger I))

Bill,the first aid kit was only present on M4A3 HVSS that I've seen... HVSS (horizontal volute suspension system) being the later style suspension units...
Brad

Brad , ................ showoff ................ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's cool you're round , ....... with my lack of " things " Sherman you're always a great help , ........... besides , look on the bright side , ........ if it's wrong I can always say , .......... Brad did it .......... :laugh:

MrT wrote:
wds wrote:
What is this? (Left side of hull)
Thanks,

Bill

m4a3e8_058_of_109t_20100524_1297650767.jpg

This is a late model addition. It contains a first aid kit.

Terry B)

So I guess my question is: How do you get to it, when your Sherman looks like a ronson lighter?
That is after the Tigers/Panthers or whatever German SPG has made swiss cheeze of them :evil:
:idonno
Just a question?

BradJ wrote:
Bill,the first aid kit was only present on M4A3 HVSS that I've seen... HVSS (horizontal volute suspension system) being the later style suspension units...
Brad

Brad, I have the Dragon 6354 kit. It is the M4A3 HVSS (105) kit which includes this piece of equipment.(And those PE fenders which are going to be a pain I'm afraid. :pinch: :)

Shawn, I had the same thought. It's just kind of hanging out there ready to have it contents shot up. :eek:hmy:

Thanks again,

Bill

Back