• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M1142 TFFT in 1/35th scale

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
I started the kit a couple of years back, did a fair bit of work but now it's time to finish this.
Trumpeter M1142 Tactical Firefighting truck - big kit, over 700 parts, plastic, PE (lots) and clear plastic.

I had decided to super detail everything I could, reference pictures that I could find showed a lot of stuff that had to be done. The kit, great as it is, is missing quite a few parts - overhead console in the cabin being just one of them (the controls for the roof and bumper turrets as they call them).

All doors will be shown open, with the exception of 3 or 4 of the smaller ones, which are not presented as separate pieces.

Overall.JPG

PE for the ladders at the rear, toolboxes, doors and more doors to come, some tools etc.

Cabin.JPG

Cabin has been super detailed, as much as possible.

Right.JPG

The right side of the vehicle with heaps of stuff to go into those compartments.

Ladder.JPG

The three ladders go together but, apart from the "claws" to the left and associated PE, there were no other details, so I added the rope and now it looks much closer to reality.

I'll try to finish this over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for watching,
Laurence

It is always nice to finish up a shelf queen. So far this one looks over the top! Looking really good Lawrence!

Thank you thank you and thank you again.
Finished it and took it to the end of year IPMS local club competition. This one is straightforward - categories - ribbons (gold-silver-bronz) awarded to multiple models and one winner chosen who gets a medal. That's it - no "best of xyz" - no best of show, nothing like that.
The TFFT won the trucks category, thank you judges :coolio2:

IMG_3172a.JPG

Mirror base with mirror letters and numbers.

IMG_3173a.JPG

Stowage is a collection of everything in the kit, stuff from other kits and some scratch built, empty spaces don't make an impression.

IMG_3174a.JPG

IMG_3175a.JPG

IMG_3176a.JPG

IMG_3177a.JPG

Bismarck is next on the must finish list - thank you all for watching this - great kit, some swearing involved, especially with the ton of PE, but happy with it.
Cheers :Drinks:

Back