• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello from Upstate NY !

Tbolt#7

Hello Everyone,
My name is Todd and I am a Shermaholic ! O.K., I got it off my chest and now I feel so much better ! LOL Seriously I have been modeling and figure painting for about 40 years and I have my Father to blame for my addiction and thank goodness for it !
I'm married with 3 great kids (19, 16 & 10) and recently retired at the young age of 46 from a very nice business career. I now am pursuing my hobbies of fishing, photography and model building with the same energy that I put into my business career...I'm also driving the wife nuts :evil:
This is a great site and I am picking up some great tips and ideas. I look forward to posting some pictures of my tanks(Shermans) and figures.

Cheers,

Todd

Welcome Todd.

Where about in upstate NY? I vacation at a family owned cabin in Skaneateles, right on the lake.

Looking forward to seeing some of your Shermans.

:peace

Welcome to T-N-T Todd!! Shermans are ok I guess? I've only got 8 of them on and around the work bench. Just got a 1/48 Bandi M4A3 with an interior it may get moved to the head of the line. Currently working on a M51 for the "Duel in the Sun" group build check it out and please let me know what I missed. Ready to see your work.

Terry B)

Hi Todd.

Welcome to T&T. It IS a great place to pick up tips, because there are some of the most accomplished and nicest people here on the net. And don't worry about building Shermans. After all, we gotta have something to feed all the kittys ;) .

Gary B)

Ken,
I live in Clifton Park, it's a small town, just south of Saratoga Springs. Great fishing on that lake and wine...I'm jealous !!!

Cheers,

Todd

G'day Todd :) ,

Thanks for joining TnT , I am sure you will enjoy the company ! B)

Some Sherman devotees around who will hound you no end , keep that .50 cal at the ready to shoot down those flying thingies (even allied ones , we ain't fussy :pp)

I hope you join one of the group builds , there is a USMC one just started :D !

Jenny :kiss:

Tbolt#7 wrote:
Ken,
I live in Clifton Park, it's a small town, just south of Saratoga Springs. Great fishing on that lake and wine...I'm jealous !!!

Cheers,

Todd

So you're somewhere between Schenectady and umm... Vermont! B)

Oh, and don't be jealous...

it's owned by my in-laws so it can be a bit of a catch 22. :woohoo:

Bob - Thank you for the kind welcome ! I'm darn near giddy, you sir are one of my modeling heroes. P.S. My wives family is from the St. Louis area and I would die to see your Museum.

Jenny - You will see absolutely no flying "thingies" emerge from my model room. I model in a strict no fly zone !!! Armor and Figures only...I swore of planes many years ago for Lent and haven't gone back.

Ken - You have it correct...right in between Schenectady and Vermont. Foothills of the Adirondack Mountains and at the junction of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers.

Cheers,

Todd

Terry,
Your M51 looks fantastic ! I have 4 in the stash and plan on making all the different versions. I would recommend Tom Gannon's book on Israeli Shermans and Dr. Robert Manasherob's Lioness and Lion of the Line...both are great references on M50 and M51.

Ant,
Love your stuff...ordered some awhile back and I'm hooked ! I'll be buying more.

Todd

Tbolt#7 wrote:
Terry,
Your M51 looks fantastic ! I have 4 in the stash and plan on making all the different versions. I would recommend Tom Gannon's book on Israeli Shermans and Dr. Robert Manasherob's Lioness and Lion of the Line...both are great references on M50 and M51.

Ant,
Love your stuff...ordered some awhile back and I'm hooked ! I'll be buying more.

Todd

Todd thanks for the reference tips I've been looking for some better ones.

Terry B)

Gday Todd
And lemme say you are more than welcome in here mate, so long as the M4 family has taken you under it's wing like my good self and others...
Y'see, I like them Shermans just fine, and in a similar vein to Terry have at least a couple on the go..

Get some pics up lad!
Brad :lol:

Todd,
Welcome aboard.

They have an 8 step program for that Sherman addiction. ;)
Start slowly with a T-34, then some Panzers and you will be ok. :lol:

They did use two versions M4A2 75 and 76 with the Red Army, so those
will be ok by me. :pinch: :evil:

Now for the hobbies, I can see the Photography and Models together,
but I'm not too sure how good Shermans will do for bait on fish up
that way? :blink :S
Good luck with that one? :silly: :woohoo:
Again Welcome aboard.

Enjoy the site and jump right in with those Shermans.

Shawn

Hello fellow "Upstater" and welcome to Tanks and Things. You are going to feel right at home here. So grab a chair, slide up to the fire place and just start chatting. Lots of friendly folks here. I'm a Panzerholic. I build 1/35th scale WW2 german armor. I actually started that about 12 years ago in Syracuse where I grew up. I was staying there with my brother while I was working at Fort Drum. He was working nights and I was working days. He had a closet full of models so I just grabbed one (Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV)and started building it. It's been an addiction ever since. I love it.

Back