• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He 177A-5

This your source?
My printer is listed
John you might want to figure out who made that Dell, it's not listed but they use to be repackaged Lexmarks. Not sure who's making them today.

Sorry to hear this Gary, Hope you get to it another time!

I had a line on one of these kits but the seller backed out on me. I wrote Special Hobby and they are going to re-release it later this year!

On another note, did you ever build the HML. Fw 187? I thought you had but I can't find it anywhere on here.

The white toner came from here http://ghost-white-toner.com A German company, they make cartridges for a lot of different printers, there is a list on their website. Cost wise the cartridges run about the same as name brand cartridges, which while not cheap they are good for 1000 to 3500 sheets depending on the cartridge. The one for my HP is supposed good for 1300 sheets. That's probably more decal sheets than I'll ever print. Now the bad news, for us in the US the only shipping option they offer is FedX and for my cartridge that came to $75. Not sure why that is the only option but maybe they have had issues shipping other carriers. I got mine in less that a week. I guess you need decide whether the ability to print white decals on a laser printer at home is worth the cost. I've had custom decals made in the past and they get expensive real quick.

Hi Warren, I did the start the 187, I think I started a thread here but it was back in 2013 so my memory isn't clear. I got very frustrated early on with the kit as I tried to dress up the cockpit a bit but due to the thickness of the resin even using 1/72 scale instruments I couldn't fit an instrument panel in, maybe some day.

Hi Warren, I did the start the 187, I think I started a thread here but it was back in 2013 so my memory isn't clear. I got very frustrated early on with the kit as I tried to dress up the cockpit a bit but due to the thickness of the resin even using 1/72 scale instruments I couldn't fit an instrument panel in, maybe some day.

Thanks Gary, I'll take a look. I had it in my mind that you had finished it. I was able to get one at Aviation Megastore. Looks like they had replaced the metal bits/landing gear with black resin or 3D printed them.

TYhanks, Gary. Sounds like my ALPS is still the better alternative.
Too bad they don't make them anymore.
Xerox made/makes a hard wax printer that can print in white if I'm not mistaken. I had to "E-Cycle" one of the high end units at work, I couldn't get anyone to pay for the $1200 maintenance kit to get it working again, they farm out all the marketing stuff now so no need to print brochures in house.

Back