• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HC 1/32 P-40B

Nope Saul, It is pink with a hello kitty on top..for real. As for the scheme It will have some teeth in it just for you.

:fencing It has been about a week since I have done anything to the P-40B. I finally got off my duff and assembled the wing and fuse halves together, So far every thing has gone well in this endeavor and I hope it will be one of my better builds. I could use one.

In the pics you will see that one set of the guns are not in and that will be fixed later because the cement set and I didn't want to damage then assembly any further. it looks as if Ill have some gaps but not many and as Martha says that's a good thing.

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg
IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Looking very nice Paul (y) (y) If you want to do a pink scheme there is a pink P-40 hanging in the lobby at the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, Michigan, it actually looks even pinker in person than it does in the photo on this page Photos of Air Zoo aircraft

Thanks Geoff, I try my best
thanks for good kits and something that goes together well

After a week off I finally got the wheels I was waiting for but they arent on and tonight I guess Ill get the ole girl on her pins and see how she stacks up. I know that there are some inconsistencies on the paint job and I know it may get some picking on but I am still not finished yet so here are the pics.
003-10.jpg

004-7.jpg

007-3.jpg

I will be on this again in a while to figure what is next in weathering....Cheers :)

:pilot I took the whole day to fix some paint issues and lay down some decals. This is where I really found out that the wings definitely need some Mr.Surfacer. Just the tops though because the pebbling really shows up through the decals as you set them. I dont have Mr Surfacer so I went ahead anyway because my friend, he likes me any way and he says its OK. the only other difficulty I had was with the rudder bands because you have thhe white tail light to contend with. Sorry Saul, I didnt get to the smile but that will be later after these few get dome. Weathering after decals, then the bitsy pieces and the antenna wire.

Don't be too critical because all the big names say this kit is junk any way...
006-8.jpg

005-6.jpg

003-11.jpg

002-13.jpg

Smile coming soon Saul.

This is not done by any stretch of the imagination. I have the decals done but I still have to add some fiddly bit and do some weathering and a flat coat. I do have some stuff I know I did wrong but if they shot well somebody will have to get over it. The shark mouth did give me some difficulty but I slammed it down and loaded it up with micro sol and before the final pics Ill do some touch ups. After all that I'll have a shot at a really goo photo spread to see how it comes out.
006-9.jpg

010-3.jpg

007-4.jpg

013-3.jpg

014-3.jpg

Back