• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HC 1/32 P-40B

Paulw

I have a friend near here who loves my builds, I don't know why, maybe hes daft, but he does and he asked me to build him a P-40 so I chose this one I got from the vendors at the last show I went to. So far it seems right nice and I am happy with the results so far.
IMG_0925.jpg

I have my modeling sprites to keep me company and offer their help anytime Pawpaw needs it.
IMG_0923.jpg

So far I assembled the engine to just before the exhaust stubs and the engine mount and hoses. I am really trying to make this a superb kit for this guy as now I have a reputation. I used RLM 76 on this as it is the closest match to the color pics I have seen lately and with a little wash it will look a bit more realistic on the other end of the scale. I plan to leave the hood and gun covers off on this one unless something happens.
IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

Looks good so far Paul. You sure are cranking out the builds now lol. The kids looks like they could cause all sorts of mayhem hehe.

:fencing Well with all the help I got in the past three days this is how far I got. I have 24 exhaust stubs and about a dozen more hoses and pipes to go. This engine is about as involved as the Tamiya Merlin but not quite as accurate. Good fit too.
IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

The most fun part so far was painting the head bolts. :snoopy

Nice work Paul, the engine is looking fine looking. :

Are there any aftermarket engines for this?

I couldn't say Bob, I really like the way it went together except for the intake plenum,even I could tell it was waaaay off.

Thanks for the interest and the many compliments and just to let Martin know for sure this plane will not be pink and no kittys, Those are for F-15's only...hehehe

Anyway,I think I finished the engine and pit assembly,this was a really detailed engine except for a few glaring parts. I know the exhaust stacks are some what not straight but I think it adds character.
Trimming those stubs caused a serious thumb i9njury today and super glue came to the rescue C/A is good stuff.

Here are the progress pics...
IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

And I think Saul will be happy with the finished project....

No Hello Kitty P-40....Martin must have put you up to this.

Paul, there really is a Hello Kitty Modelers Club. Many of the top Polish modelers are members. They simply chose a name to be funny and easy to remember. I have yet to see any of them build a Hello Kitty anything.

;)

Did you choose the markings yet?

Regards,

I don't think Saul saw Martin's Hello Kitty F15 he did a while back. Maybe we can rattle his cage and get him to show it off.

Now, back to the P40...:pilot

Back