• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

hawkenstein 2 finished

Re: hawkenstein 2 1/05 update oooopppps.......

thanks for the kind words.

it very well could have been the paint is a bit older (good lord i bought it roughly ten years ago). and it could be i didnt thin it well enough. i did stir them this time though, normally i do shaken not stirred.

all in all sitting here looking at it, it dont look too bad. just was not the finish i had hoped for.

joe

well here she is. approximately 400 pieces. 21 kit pieces, 3 resin. the rest are made up of styrene rod, tube, and sheet, soda can, wire, and putty. all told a pretty fun experience, although when i went to attach the landing gear i had a slight mishap, i broke off the prior lines. had to redo both gear.

finished-5.jpg

finished-4.jpg

finished-3.jpg

finished-2.jpg

comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

joe

Hey Joe, I think the paint came out pretty good.

Cheers, Christian B)

No Prop? I think the canopy is on backwards. I really like this Joe, you showed no inhibition in tackling scratch building and it really paid off. (y)

What's next?

mp, dave, chris, many thanks for following along and the kind words.

mp actually the canopy is right it just shows how horrible the fit was. tried to give the illusion it was just hitting the point where it drops down to be latched. now for whats next, it will have four wheels.

chris not sure about it being reborn, someone with some actual skill could definitely make this kit a show stopper.

joe

adam thinking this is going to be in a dio at some time. a "mechanics dream" no prop and no panels to cover the engine.

thanks for the kind words.

joe

Back