• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D *FINISHED*

That is one of the most incredible Sabre Dogs I've seen in a good long time. Stunning work and a well-deserved ribbon!

I gotta ask, how did you get such sharp, clean lines with your wash? I have never been successful in getting anything remotely that good. It is one of the mysteries of this hobby I can never seem to solve, much less master.

I bow to the Master. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Well done!

Wait, what?

I blinked.

Excellent work and info I will take into my next AC build (which will be the Fine Molds bipe when it shows up).

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

Thanks James and Christian :good:

Well, it's finished, my first Campaign on MA. It's a great little kit, although I'm not entirely happy with it – wish I'd spent a bit more time checking the fit of the canopy which in retrospect might have been better displayed in the open position. Having said that, this kit has been in my stash for several years so it's nice to have finally built it.

1K_4148.jpg

1K_4150.jpg

1K_4154.jpg

1K_4161.jpg

1K_4163.jpg

Finished?!?! :blink :blink :woohoo: :notworthy :notworthy

See guys, the subtle panel lines, that's what I thought i was doing with the DH88, you artistic guys really take the color selection for granted. That's something we mortals struggle with.

Outstanding finish Mike and congrats on your first MA campaign! :drinks

Be sure to post it on our completed builds thread for CTA3 to be in the drawing. (y)

Hasegawa 1/72 F-86D

I am very impressed with this build (y) Beautiful bird .Congratulations .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks a lot guys :drinks

I gotta ask, how did you get such sharp, clean lines with your wash? I have never been successful in getting anything remotely that good.

It's just a case of thinning the oil paints to a wash consistency, then using a fine brush apply a drop of the mixture to a panel line. Capillary action draws the wash straight along the line. The model needs to have a gloss coat, which repels the wash and forces it to stay in the recesses. It's so easy it's almost like cheating. :v

Back