• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

I haven't even looked at the instructions for the M2 so I gotta ask, just want is that interior color?

In the past I've used RAF 'Sky', looks about right to me, but there are other opinions out there !!

:coolio

Ian.

Looks great! Remember this new paint the Army is using is very chip resistant(vertually no chips)(no rust). So don't get carried away with heavy wear and tear.

B)

Man MP....Great Work! I did not know what Mr.T saif, though I am sure very accurate, so I will really be following this as it rolls on!

Again, playing with Vallejo Dark Yellow wash.

I also highlighted some of the surfaces with Vallejo Iraqi Sand prior to the wash.

h9bfca65.jpg

h58341d7.jpg

Not real thrilled with how the rear hatch looks, looks more like mildew. :facepalm

I read somewhere to wet the area you are going to add wash to first (on large areas). Then while still damp add wash where you want the dark areas to be. Finally have a clean dry brush handy to remove excess wash that you don't want.

Add highlights/drybrush last.

Looks a little green to me. I think I would use a yellowish brown for the wash.

brad-17.jpg

Sorry but I really don't like that wash... Looks more like a filter, and me thinks its not going in the right direction... :bang head

Don't try to remove it. Just leave it on those select panels and add another filter to it, something red based, and see how that looks.

Yeah, it really is too yellow, is it too late to respray those patches with the base colour and start again ??

Ian.

Thanks for the suggestion John but it looked like red on top of green. Wasn't blending at all.

Ian yes, I ended up over spraying some of the overly green/yellow areas.

So doing my walk today I kept looking at the guard units across the way.

hb460968.jpg

Man I see some green hue in this, am I crazy?
I've played around some this evening, we'll see what the morning light puts on it.

I guess it depends on where the vehicle is...
some look to be really filthy with dark dirt, some look to have just dust on them
M2_Bradley_281229.jpg

M2_Bradley_281329.jpg

M2_Bradley__287029.jpg

this shot of the tracks was taken before they changed them out. but an example of really filthy... note rubber on the road wheels. the rear most sets take a beating from the guide horns. The tracks had improper tension.
TRACK_AIN_T_POST_TO_LOOK_LIKE_THIS.jpg

a couple more. a guy from another forum sent these to me. This was his company in Iraq. He didn't say where, but these are well used vehicles. Taken at the same time as the ugly track photo in the previous post.
Shadow_8_Eastbound_CP18.JPG

Shadow_8_FOB_Kalsu_Motor_Pool.JPG

Shadow_Charlie_Line_FOB_Kalsu_Motor_Pool.JPG

I guess in the area they were, the dirt was a lot darker then other areas.

Back