• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Remember too that the colour of the terrain can cast a hue onto the colour of a vehicle. The image of that truck has green grass and a green truck next to it. That can fool the eyes as well as give an actual green tinge to the sand colour on the truck.

Are you painting this as a 1st Gulf War vehicle or as a 2nd Gulf War one? Perhaps the paint on the 2nd Gulf War vehicles hada greenish cast to it? If so then your's is right. VBG LOL

Cheers

Thoughts?

h803ae07.jpg

h4b79eed.jpg

h4348da3.jpg

hd005d2b.jpg

I think I need to get decals on before I get much further.

I think I would highlight some more of the raised detail and add some darker pin washes before clear coat and decals....but that's just me and I don't know how your brand of washes work. I use oil paint.

Keep on keeping on... :popcorn

Bob, from here it looks like it has moss starting to grow on it.

Looking at all the pictures, what I see is a sand color with some darker brownish dirt over it .

Cheers, Christian B)

I think I would highlight some more of the raised detail and add some darker pin washes before clear coat and decals....but that's just me and I don't know how your brand of washes work. I use oil paint.

Keep on keeping on... :popcorn

That was the plan yes.

Chris I see what you're talking about, we'll have it covered up some how. Maybe a tarp. :frantic :tomato

I think the green tint is fine for now. I would add MOAR chocolate colored pinwashes. Don't be afraid to let them blend out onto panels either!

I really like this photo:

M2_Bradley_281229.jpg

Look at all the colors on those panels...

The one on the front almost looks like it has some graffiti on it.

:hmmm

The one on the front almost looks like it has some graffiti on it.

:hmmm

Which one you talking about?

Thanks John, that's what I was thinking, more of this color i'm working with, I don't like the way the rear end looks, will address that, too much green there.

I get the dark dirt then some light dusting will be coming (and a pin wash!) :soldier

This may sound silly, but if it has that greenish tinge in real as well as the photo you could make it out to have just swam the Euphrates or Tigris and got pond scum on it. Just saying.
Otherwise looks good to me (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thoughts?

h4348da3.jpg

hd005d2b.jpg

I think I need to get decals on before I get much further.

:hmmm , Looks too yellow/green still to my eye, Bob. I'll defer to the other guys and trust that a brown pin wash will neutralise the tone you've got there. Will you be adding and dust/pigments after the decals ??

Ian.

Check this out, it may be helpful.

http://www.missing-lynx.com/articles/other/modulationmr_1.html

How can you go wrong with Mike Rinaldi?

Thanks John, think I've progressed a little far for this treatment but on the early one i'm building for this campaign I'll give it a shot.

:hmmm , Looks too yellow/green still to my eye, Bob. I'll defer to the other guys and trust that a brown pin wash will neutralise the tone you've got there. Will you be adding and dust/pigments after the decals ??

Ian.

Yep, sure will. Yeah the back end is way too green.

Back