• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War 1 - RAF Jaguar GR.1

And then there were decals.

DSCF2038.JPG

It's coming right along quite nicely! Man, you've got ALOT of paints by the way!

Tim

The paints were dumb luck. I just happened to go into a mom & pop hobby shop down in Burlington back in November to pick up some paint and see what they had for kits (expecting mostly auto stuff). Unfortunately they were in the process of clearing out the shop and closing up. She was ready to retire, so for once it wasn't solely a financial closing. She came up to me told me to grab everything I needed...and then some. She said she would hook me up as she didn't want to see any go to waste. I got the bulk of it for $20ish (along with some rubber bands and other various modeling supplies). I left an extra $10 (it was all I had on me) as I headed for the door. I had mixed feelings going to the car. On one hand I was happy as hell that replenishing my paint supply wasn't going to cost me hundreds of dollars...but on the other hand I was sad to see the shop I had known for years was closing their doors.

So I set up an account over at Scalemates to play around with the "Stash" tool they have there.

I didn't realize I now have 3 more Jaguars in the stash after this one reaches completion (4 total)...I guess I have a thing for them. :laugh:

Spent some more time on it this weekend. I've got the dullcote applied. I think all that is left is the landing gear and weapons. I should be able to bring this one to a close here in the next week or two. Realistically there is probably only a couple hours of work left...but I only get bench time in little spurts here and there, especially during the summer.

Probably not going to take any pics until it's finished. Gotta leave you guys in a little suspense. ;)

And I now regret putting the insignias on based on the instruction sheet w/o verifying via photo reference. I thought they looked "wrong".....but didn't think too much of it because that was the location the instruction sheet showed. Turns out I was right...and by a rather significant margin. Crap. :bang head

Tinkered around w/ the Jag a bit this weekend and got all the landing gear painted and installed. Now I see why a lot of guys gripe about this kit.....the gear doesn't hardly look anything like the real deal. :laugh: If I had more time to get the Naval build complete I may have considered trying to scratch some bits to make it a bit closer, but I'll live with it for now.

Just have weapons, some paint touch-up, and a little wash/pastel weathering and it'll be a wrap. Look for final pics later this week. :coolio

So I set up an account over at Scalemates to play around with the "Stash" tool they have there.

I didn't realize I now have 3 more Jaguars in the stash after this one reaches completion (4 total)...I guess I have a thing for them. :laugh:
Hahahaha reminds me of me and Phantoms

Just a couple more touch-ups and I'll be able to call this thing done. I sat down last night planning on spending half hour or so on it.....well.....1.5 hours later I had most of the touch-up complete, weapons painted/hung, and some pastel applied.

Very, very close. Hope to be able to get some completion pics tomorrow. :yipee

Put a fork in it, she's done! :coolio

KIT: Italeri 1/72 scale
PAINTS: Testors MM
DECALS: kit & Hasegawa kit
AM: Master metal pitot tube

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0091.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

Those top mounted missiles, I bet the loaders just cussed having to load those things.

Great finish. (y)

Back