• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War 1 - RAF Jaguar GR.1

helios

So I decided I wanted a "simple" build that I could tinker with in between bouts of putty & sanding on the RA-5C. So I give to you my entry into this Group Build, a 1/72 Italeri Jaguar GR.1. At this point in time it will likely just be an OTB build...but if it turns out well enough, I may spring for a set of AM decals for it. We'll see. Cheers.

DSC_0066.JPG

This is going together with surprisingly little fuss...after working with the Kinetic Mirage & Trumpy Vigi. :yipee

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

After a busy weekend of simracing last weekend (24HR Nurburgring, Indy 500, 1.5HR Autobahn Series, and a charity double header) I'm looking at getting back on this one this coming weekend. Maybe even get it in color... :eek:hmy:

And I may have another one inbound. :blush: Picked up a few kits secondhand from a chap that was downsizing his stash...and he had a Hasegawa DStorm Jag in the bunch. So I snagged that along w/ an F-8 (which I hope to use the canopy on my stalled Academy kit), a F-100, a X-1, & a Westland Lynx.

Now I'm going to need a DS Tornado to go w/ the Jags. :lol:

I'm probably spending too much time fiddling over little things on this build. But oh well, so be it. Getting very close to paint...then I shot myself in the foot. I managed to drop one of the pitot tubes out of the tweezers...and it was eaten by the carpet monster. Once I figure out how I'm going to deal with that, fix the tail probe I just noticed I tried snapping off, and a little filler work on the tip of the nose I'll be ready to go. It's been a productive (for me) couple days on it.

DSC_0070.JPG

Minor update. Just a quick shot of primer to see how my filler & scribing attempts panned out. So far, looks good enough to me for this go around. I ordered a couple Master brass pitot tubes that arrived today. So now I just need to fab up one for the side of the nose and we'll be game on for some desert "pink".

DSC_0074.JPG

Back