• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grrrrrrrrrrrumman

Nice Job on that painting Chris ... sorry about the Ju stuff ... I had a brain :stinker ... thought this was under the show us your Junk thread ... Carry on I corrected Myself ... must not type before coffee kicks in ... :rotf

I did manage to get the wheel well detail today . Not all bad

Wheel_well_detail_001a.jpg

On to the cockpit tomorrow.

Cheers, Christian B)

How come its black now? :popcorn
James

It's not black but the dark sea blue that Grumman repainted the birds before they were handed over to the French.
I think the original color was the zinc green , so eventually I hope for some chipping back to the primmer.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks James , Luiz and Warren for following along .

I was working on this today as we were messaging back and forth about thin wire availability .

Got half the wires glued in and while I wait on the cure. I thought I would share the picture.

engine_work_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

I keep seeing you guys wiring these engines, and it's making it very tempting to try it on the Dauntless.

Looking forward to following this.

I've been doing it for years and most radials really cry out for wires .

Finding proper wire has been problematic over the years but I Think I have finally got it .

Good tiny drill bits and a good dose of patience is needed . Probably spare bits if you build 1/72 .

Not as tough in 1/48 and larger.

Cheers, Christian B)

ag dammit I just love this engine I seriously going to go find some old wire upstairs in the attic of doom.

For those of you contemplating this, I want to let you know that it's a laborious and tedious prcess.

You need wire that bends easily .

eng_wiring_001a.jpg

eng_wiring_002a.jpg

Lots of wires for multiple row radials :S

Cheers, Christian B)

Well wiring done . Some washes and a flat coat latter and it's ready to go in the airframe.

eng_wiring_finish_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back