• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Grrrrrrrrrrrumman

See what you nearly miss ... when doing Honey Do stuff ... Looking very good Chris I need one of those plunge drill thingies or a stop on my Drill press ... I'll be paying :salute to this from now on ... (y)

Fill, sand repeat. :popcorn

Very little time for modeling . Long enough to figure I have no tool that could polish the vents coming out of the fuselage . Hoping it looks ok. when I get some paint on it .

I had to enlarge the opening some in order for the exhaust pipes to fit.

Then I had to build a box arrangement to keep the homemade exhaust stubs from falling inside when I get around to installing them :fencing Yikes !

Bearcat_exhaust_001a.jpg

Making the stubs was also tedious .

Bearcat_exhaust_002a.jpg

Time for a firewall ...

Cheers, Christian B)

Ya can't leave well enough alone can Ya ... :coolio :rotf ... Looks Great excellent job I can't wait to see the next mod ... :salute (y)

Ya can't leave well enough alone can Ya ... :coolio :rotf ... Looks Great excellent job I can't wait to see the next mod ... :salute (y)

Gerry, that seems to have become my bane . If I could , I would get a lot more of these finished :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Gerry, that seems to have become my bane . If I could , I would get a lot more of these finished :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah I know my trouble also ... I know what I want to do just not enough funds to procure what I need ... I'm thinking of doing a 1/72 Mistel 1 Ju88A4 & Bf109F4 Aircraft for this ribbon and maybe the other ribbon under a deja vu ... :hmmm :idonno :D

Thanks James and Gerry for looking in .

Gerry, that sounds like an interesting build project . :coolio

I managed to get the homemade firewall secured in it last night . Why is it that Sword does not provide one ? It's not like the is a place to mount the engine :idonno

engine_bay_001a.jpg

Anyhow, broke away from my norm and shot some enamel inside the cowl being as MM was the only color I could find that was believable.
Suddenly I realized why I no longer use Enamels .... :stinker and now I have a few days to detail the engine and cockpit while this dries :soldier

Cheers, Christian

I hear you on the enamel one reason I quit modeling was that acrylics weren't available ... :popcorn now did the engine come with the model or is that after market ??? :hmmm

I hear you on the enamel one reason I quit modeling was that acrylics weren't available ... :popcorn now did the engine come with the model or is that after market ??? :hmmm

All the resin parts came with the kit and are finally done . For some reason Sword keeps overlooking that a firewall is needed.

Just shot the wheel well in Zinc primmer and a good coat of Future to protect it form my handling as it has yet to be fitted to the wing .

No, in real life it is not apple green but gray green .Surprised at how the picture changed the color :idonno

wheel_well_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back