• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Got my Xmas wish!!! Got a Job!!!

53Chevy

Howdy All,
Well it took a couple of months, but I got a JOB!! :woohoo: I want to thank everyone's support though all of this. What sucks is all that extra free time gone! Good news is that we are not going to dip into savings! Might not make AMPS though :(
Again to all, thanks for the support, Ryan ;)

Excellent news , I am so glad . It does a lot for your self esteem when you are back into the workforce again . Hobbies do have to lose out a little , but it is the quality of the modelling time is always that that you cherish .

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Big Cheer !!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks to all,
Yeah the self esteem thing sucks. Not bad this time. I lost a job 3 weeks before my wedding! That SUCKED! But, we figured we could get thru that we could get thru almost anything. It caused us to move to Springfield, IL. and we love it here. So things happen for a reason. Ryan :)

That's great news, now, quit sluffin' off and get back to work! Got to get funds for more plastic!

Ryan,

You are a great guy and I am sos sorry to ehar that you went thru a tuff time - good luck on it and God Bless

Congratulations Ryan! I hope you got something that you really like and that will last a long time. Now, go build a model!

Well lets see. I started out in restaurants when I was 15 (be 38 in month) I've always worked in one thru college and grad school. I taught High School for 3 years and still bartended on weekends. I have been in management for the last 10 years and was let go because I made too much. They got rid of 5 others that same week. So I am back at yet another restaurant. It pays the bills and I love the guests. The dream is to open our own bar in the next couple of years. We have some money in probate from my wife's estate that will cover that. I was very close to going back to school to finish my PhD but I'd have to be away from my wife and I can't do that. So it is at this point all for the better. Ryan

53Chevy wrote:
The dream is to open our own bar in the next couple of years. We have some money in probate from my wife's estate that will cover that.

cool! :) a fancy rocka-/psychobilly bar with oldschool interior? cuban style ventilators? that'd be way cool! :woohoo:

Good luck Ryan. Times are tough everywhere at the moment. You did well to get yourself something you will actually enjoy. I lost mine almost 12 months ago and to be honest with you, I never looked back. You go for the restaurant you want! :)

Ant

I grew up in a restaurant working for the family, my family that is. I can't imagine someone willingly staying in the restaurant business. Guess that's the difference of not working for your family. There's good money to be made and it's well deserved. My problem was, we could feed 600 people in one night but that one butthole who complained about something just for the sake of complaining, who I know could never be satisfied anyway, would worry me for weeks trying to think of how I could defuse the guy and make life happy. When the fact is his life is not happy and he took it out on us. I'm much happier working on computer networks, someone complains now, I reset their password, then they appreciate me.

Glad you're back to work Ryan!

Back