• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

gluing colored PE together

kryptosdaddy

stuka_PE_004.jpg

Yes this IS the Eduards set for the Stuka- nice little set with emphasis on little!

What is safe for this? I'm using regular testor's tube to attach this to the plastic and that works fine- I even used it to place the large bezel panel over the back ground panel, but I think the tube glue is to thick for the tiny flat bezel pieces that further detail this.

Will CA cause fogging on these pre colored pieces? Or can I just use clear drying wood glue? Thanks CR

CA would work better than the testors tube glue, actually i'm surprised it works at all. Other glues that work would be the 3M/Scots glue you can find at Hobby Lobby and other craft stores or Kenny Loops Gator Grip . Tony Lee uses it in his PE work.

Thanks- The Testors tube seems to work great, of course I'm not painting over the colored pieces though.
In my little splurge last month I have bought 8 kits- all but one (a Bf-110) have PE, this is more PE than I have ever owned before. And counting the 88 the total comes to eight PE ect sets! Just want to do it right- have you bought from Gator's masks? Looking at his order form now..

Yep, I've bought several times from Kenny and he made custom mask for me on the Mustang. He always delivers on his promises and orders. He and his products are highly recommended.
Not to mention he's a respected member of our little community here. :mpup

I'll second Kenny's glue- I have a bottle going a couple years strong and it still works great!! Dries clear too so it won't muss with your finish-- but it dries strong as well!! Use it for all my PE...

I'm gonna find out too- as i posted earlier i have a stack of kits containing PE and three aftermarket PE $et$ - so I want it right, alot of ca$h to me$$ up! lol

Back